I'm afraid the Hawk has to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm afraid the Hawk has to go.

Well Guys, it is with a heavy heart that I have to sell my 62 GT Hawk. It's a long story I wont get into but a house deal fell through and we are in a hotel for now, so I must sell the car. It is the usual story of a younger family guy trying to have his cake and eat it too. I bought it for 6,500 put about 1,500 into it and selling it for 5,800. (Hopefully) I wasn't doing it as an investment, just a fun daily driver. If anyone would like to see it or make an offer, please let me know. Here is a link on Craigslist.

Thanks Tim
    sigpic
    Tim Johnston
    Collierville TN

Very sorry to hear of your situation Tim, since I am pretty sure Time is of the essence here, I suggest an eBay Ad with more and better Pictures to get more coverage for a faster sale.
    It looks like you have put a lot of money and work into it.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich,

I did put it on eBay sometime ago. It did not sell for the reserve I had on it at the time. I had a couple of bidders ask if I was going to re-list it. One said he didn't like bidding and wanted me to call, with the other wanting to go through eBay. I was getting pretty gun shy of the whole thing at that point. I am afraid of someone not picking it up in person and then not bringing CASH. With all the scams going now, I'm a little leery on what to do. I am toying with re-listing it for the one who asked and sent his phone number.

Tim
      sigpic
      Tim Johnston
      Collierville TN

Comment

re-list it with your acceptable reserve and get the $$$ wired to your account before you give any other info....that is, unless like me, you want to see or have someone from the forum/club view the car for you....

Comment

Good Luck Timj, I too have had to part with a loved one when things were tight. I just sold a Honda generator and the gal who purchased it was great. She introduced me to "e-deposit(transfer?) which I had never heard of being a senior. She direct deposited the dough to my account and (I am current enough to do e-banking) so I was able to log on to my account and check. Lo and behold here was the deposit in my account. It seems to be as good as cash so maybe this would be an option for you.
          Good luck in getting back into Studes.
          Cheers, Bill

Comment

If the Security of the Sale is that big of an issue:

If the prospective buyer had bid on the Car, with a REASONABLE Bid, you could have sent him a 2nd. chance, EXCLUSIVE offer for him only to buy at his losing bid, lower price, and get all of the eBay rip-off protections, with a $500.00 or $1000.00 PayPal non-refundable Deposit, and balance in Cash at pickup for 1 week.

But if he never bid, that process would have to start all over with a New Ad.
            There are very few ways to avoid "paying the Piper"/the ePay people, but their protection is good.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Tim,
              Sure wish I could justify just one more GT in the flock. Yours looks like my kind of driver. Good luck, and hopefully it will go to a good home!
              Joe H

Comment

Well everyone, I sold the car this weekend. It has gone to a nice gentleman and his wife in their 70's. I was only able to get half what I had in it, but a house trumps a car all day long. I am passing the club information on to him, so maybe he will join the group. I appreciate all the advice and knowledge I have learned from everyone. I''m not sure if I'll ever get another Studebaker, but I think it's in my blood now, so the odds are good.
                sigpic
                Tim Johnston
                Collierville TN

Comment

So sorry to had to let it go, Tim. But priorities are priorities. Keep yer chin up!
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by Timj View Post
                    <snip>I sold the car this weekend. It has gone to a nice gentleman and his wife in their 70's.
                    OH MY!!! Are there really people in their 70's buying STUDEBAKERs? What's this world coming to

Originally posted by Timj View Post
                    I am passing the club information on to him, so maybe he will join the group.
                    Perhaps they are already "honorary members" of the OSDC (Older Studebaker Drivers Club).

Anyway Tim, here is hoping you'll be back this way some day!
                    Last edited by 56Golden; 08-19-2016, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                      OH MY!!! Are there really people in their 70's buying STUDEBAKERs? What's this world coming to

Perhaps they are already "honorary members" of the OSDC (Older Studebaker Drivers Club).

Anyway Tim, here is hoping you'll be back this way some day!
                      There are 70s, and there are 70s. My older brother recently sold a motorcycle to a guy in his 70s, who rode it home a couple hundred miles. My dad is 90 years old, and still helps mow the 1+ acre church grounds weekly, on his rider. He swears the vibration from the mower helps keep his joints loosened up.

I will be 64 in 3 weeks, Lord willing. I count each day a blessing, and do not take life for granted. But try to live as if I am gonna live forever.

I am THRILLED someone in their 70s bought the OP's car. Hope to meet them someday on the Studebaker circuit.

Comment

Working...
                      X