Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunkirk Swap Meet news

Breaking News!
    If you were at Warwick and saw the custom built Speedster II you know what a show stopper it is. I just got off the phone with Victor Oliver, the builder of the car. He is bringing it to have on display during our All Studebaker Swap Meet in Dunkirk.
    The concept for the two seater convertible was mentioned in the book "Bob Bourke designs for Studebaker" by John Bridges. The car was unveiled during the International Meet in Rhode Island.
    So now, along with Studebaker parts, memorabilia, toys and literature you can see the results of Mr Oliver's hard work in a running, driving concept car.
    Attached Files
    Steve Grant
    a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
    www.madddoodler.com
    Kinzua Region Chapter
    1881 Grain Wagon
    1951 Champion Starlight Coupe 1:1 scale model kit
    1951 Champion business coupe Pro Street (project)
    1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
    1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
    1963 Avanti R2 auto

Was that car previously a sort of primrose color?
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Previously it was pieces and parts of other cars. Who knows what colors were involved. Come to the swap meet, meet the builder and get the whole story
      Steve Grant
      a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
      www.madddoodler.com
      Kinzua Region Chapter
      1881 Grain Wagon
      1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
      1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
      1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

They were kind enough to bring it to the Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie, PA. meet this past weekend. It was a big hit as our '57 Golden Hawk Keystone Raffle car was sidelined due to a mechanical glitch . We were able to park the car at a very prominent and high traffic site . All benefited on this one! Thanks to all involved especially Don Dimler and Vince Habel who had to explain that THIS car was NOT the raffle car all day long! I'm sorry I don't have a pic as I was parking cars in the Stude area. Perhaps some other Keystone member can post here.
        Rob in PA.

Comment

That car was a huge hit in Warwick. In fact, it's even better looking with the top down. The fellow who built it must be incredibly proud of what he accomplished.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

If you are planning to come to the Dunkirk All Studebaker Swap Meet next month, there are several vendors signed up who are not regular vendors, they're just guys who have finished cars and have extra pats. This is sometimes where you find stuff you haven't seen for years.
            Come check it out!
            Steve Grant
            a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
            www.madddoodler.com
            Kinzua Region Chapter
            1881 Grain Wagon
            1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
            1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
            1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

I was going to vend extra stuff,but sold it to a Rob Reese in PA,do any of U fella's know him? Seemed to be a real enthusiast as well as a good guy.

Comment

Rob is a good guy, known him for years, but he suffers from Studebakeritis as we all do.

stude1964 here on the forum, see post # 4 above.

JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Just a few more weeks to go til the first ever all Studebaker swap meet in Dunkirk NY. We are still having vendors sign up. Many of the vendors we have are just guys who have finished their Studebakers and have extra parts to sell. Yup, fresh stuff from the garages! That's always exciting...
                  Steve Grant
                  a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
                  www.madddoodler.com
                  Kinzua Region Chapter
                  1881 Grain Wagon
                  1959 Lark 2 dr sdn
                  1963 Avanti R2 4 spd
                  1963 Avanti R2 auto

Comment

Will there be parking for Studebaker separate from the daily driver type of cars don't care to park my PACKARD BAKER among the normal everyday cars worry about the paint job if not I will arrive in my regular car

Comment

Working...
                    X