My project 64 hardtop needs to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My project 64 hardtop needs to go.

As some of you members know that I have been talking about my 64 Daytona hardtop project for some time but as my age gets older and my desires for the work gets less along with my wife's health I am putting the car and all the parts for it up for sale.

First off my 64 was to become a 66 hardtop the car Studebaker never built but should have, I have collected all the parts to make the change over , the engine was to be a 2001 chevy 5.3 with the 700R4 transmission, it was to come out of my truck but now the truck will be given to my grandson as he needs a good truck.

Right now the car is in my shop as it has been for about 20 years, it was bench seat car with a 289 4 bld. engine and duel exhaust and auto to start with and body is 99% rust free with only a little rust in driver floor are that was patched with fiber glass and por-15 20 years ago and nothing has spread since POR-15 is a great product. here is a list of what there is for the car.
    near perfect body
    near perfect 66 single head light front fenders
    near perfect hood and trunk lid.
    near perfect rear fenders.
    near perfect 66 dash.
    2 front seats both bench with recliners and NOS 64 black seat covers.
    rear seat and NOS black seat covers.
    331 Avanti TT rear end with brackets for radius rods.
    New 11" drums not sure if front or rear since it has been awhile since I looked at them.
    near perfect doors.
    Nos headliner.
    Extra 64 parts if wanted .
    front fenders and head light pieces (Duel)
    2 66 grill sections complete and nice
    64 grill section also nice and a 64 commander single head light grill NOS.
    Boxes and boxes of small parts to much to try and list.
    right now all fenders are off the car but would be bolted on to travel, same with doors , hood and trunk lid if buyer wanted them on.

Anyone wanting this car and is willing to come and get it will get also tons of other parts if they want them some from 64's and some from others . Price is $3500.00 as it is where it sits.

You will not find a better 64 hardtop project with the good parts that come with this car for near the price, let me know by using my e-mail than I can send pictures to you e-mail and you can call anytime Bob 510-266-2522 candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Hey Bob, how at a serial number for the foster?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou I will get it to you but at this time to much on my plate with my wife in the hospital, now going into the 3rd week health is better but now they need to do their thing on getting her up and walking again. where are all the 64 Daytona people when my nice project needs a new home, so many parts go with it all nice, parted out might bring more than I am asking.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Sure Bob, hope things work out.
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou, here is the vin number on the 64 64V7352 I figured I would get more responses to this but so far nothing, it just might sit in the corner of the shop until the shop goes as of right now I have more on my mind than it, as most of you members know my wife has been in the hospital and then into the rehab hospital working on getting up and moving, well on Wed. early am she took a turn for the worse and was taken back to the main hospital, after many tests they found that she had a couple of small strokes, they figure she will come out of it ok but the road to recovery just got longer.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Bob, What color is it now and what color was it originally?
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Bob, Very sorry to hear about your wife. Sure hope things get better for her and for you. Hopefully some one will pick up the project and do it right.

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife. Health becomes so important as we get on in life.

Comment

Bob, Have you emailed me. I got 2 emails from you but I can not open them. I figured it was a scam. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                    Bob, Have you emailed me. I got 2 emails from you but I can not open them. I figured it was a scam. Please advise.
                    No Roy someone has been hacking in and sending all over the place each day I need to delete lots of them returned to me sorry for everyone that has received any....Bob
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Dang Bob, I love the 64 Hardtops. I miss mine terribly, but I need another car right now, like I need another car right now.
                      sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                        Bob, What color is it now and what color was it originally?
                        Lou, the car original color is the same as your 64 GT.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                          Dang Bob, I love the 64 Hardtops. I miss mine terribly, but I need another car right now, like I need another car right now.
                          Sal, me too that is why I have owned this car for over 20 years and have all the parts to make a 66 hardtop the car Studebaker should have made, and the parts I have for a rust free body hardtop is worth more than my asking price, right now car is packed away in the corner of my shop so hard to get pictures of it and the one I had from before I can not find at this time, come on some one step up and take on the project, also have the parts to keep it a 64.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Working...
                          X