Historical document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical document

Gee, for the $300 buy it now you get a piece of paper issued for a 49 Studebaker in 1969.I guess the bonus is you get the owners social security number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...mZ180197340625

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Yeah, but you could bid the minimum and maybe get a real deal.[:0][}] 'Course people bought pet rocks too.[xx(]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Yeah, but you could bid the minimum and maybe get a real deal.[:0][}] 'Course people bought pet rocks too.[xx(]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

In most states that would be called an application for Title, not a title, because it is hand written. Usually the real deal is typed/printed on some kind of system or machine.

Whatever it is, it's a 1969 Cook County, Ill document for a 1949 Flatbed (platform) Studebaker truck. BIG DEAL! so what!

It would only have a value IF you owned that particular serial number truck of course, otherwise worthless! [V] I would not waste my ebay fees to list it, much less ask more than $5.00 for it![:0]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

In most states that would be called an application for Title, not a title, because it is hand written. Usually the real deal is typed/printed on some kind of system or machine.

Whatever it is, it's a 1969 Cook County, Ill document for a 1949 Flatbed (platform) Studebaker truck. BIG DEAL! so what!

It would only have a value IF you owned that particular serial number truck of course, otherwise worthless! [V] I would not waste my ebay fees to list it, much less ask more than $5.00 for it![:0]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It's not a title,not sure what is is.[lein application,title correction application,bill of sale,power of attorney??] I have boxes and cabinets full of 'documents' saved from my used car business-maybe I'm sittin' on a million bucks!
            Losing memory sucks- EDIT: A few years ago I had a '52 Commander[beyond repair]- the title was hand written,looked just like this,but was the original title issued in 1952,by the state of Illinois- Interesting to look at,especially the 'hardtop convertible' body style,but still not worth more than $5.00.But this doesn't explain the issue date of 1969??
            LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

It's not a title,not sure what is is.[lein application,title correction application,bill of sale,power of attorney??] I have boxes and cabinets full of 'documents' saved from my used car business-maybe I'm sittin' on a million bucks!
              Losing memory sucks- EDIT: A few years ago I had a '52 Commander[beyond repair]- the title was hand written,looked just like this,but was the original title issued in 1952,by the state of Illinois- Interesting to look at,especially the 'hardtop convertible' body style,but still not worth more than $5.00.But this doesn't explain the issue date of 1969??
              LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I'd much rather have the vehicle the doc. belongs too as it would be worth more. -

See you in the future as I write about our past
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I'd much rather have the vehicle the doc. belongs too as it would be worth more. -

See you in the future as I write about our past
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I'd rather have document and truck myself. Seeing somebody's whatever with name and S.S. on Ebay out in public doesn't sit well with me. Although I gotta ask, what happened to the truck, and where is it now?? It also appears to have been sent to what appears to be a trucking company in Chicago. LOL, the location on the document is probably a condo or a strip mall by now. Odds are the truck was run ragged so it could be lonngggg gone as well.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I'd rather have document and truck myself. Seeing somebody's whatever with name and S.S. on Ebay out in public doesn't sit well with me. Although I gotta ask, what happened to the truck, and where is it now?? It also appears to have been sent to what appears to be a trucking company in Chicago. LOL, the location on the document is probably a condo or a strip mall by now. Odds are the truck was run ragged so it could be lonngggg gone as well.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Now you're talkin', if you could buy the paper and then use it to claim the truck...[][}]

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Now you're talkin', if you could buy the paper and then use it to claim the truck...[][}]

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>

Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I once bought a Studebaker grain truck with bunches of scale tickets from the elevator. Wonder how much they are worth?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I once bought a Studebaker grain truck with bunches of scale tickets from the elevator. Wonder how much they are worth?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X