Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    Very good idea Ed, that makes total sense to me, to make them completely usable in all cases! [^]

quote:Originally posted by stratovue

I could have had the holes punched as on the original sill plates but so many of the cars have rusted or oversized holes so I thought it would be better if buyers drilled their own holes where the floor is most solid. ER
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Very good idea Ed, that makes total sense to me, to make them completely usable in all cases! [^]

quote:Originally posted by stratovue

I could have had the holes punched as on the original sill plates but so many of the cars have rusted or oversized holes so I thought it would be better if buyers drilled their own holes where the floor is most solid. ER
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• stratovue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stratovue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    are the 56 wagon door (same as sedan) also this tough to find????

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    are the 56 wagon door (same as sedan) also this tough to find????

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Noticed the restored stainless on Sid has tiny scuffs on top, maybe from the car cover or my clothing. It almost looks like you'd have to do the final detailing on the judging field, hopefully, not in the nude.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Noticed the restored stainless on Sid has tiny scuffs on top, maybe from the car cover or my clothing. It almost looks like you'd have to do the final detailing on the judging field, hopefully, not in the nude.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    That is kinda like re-painting the car rather than washing it

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    That is kinda like re-painting the car rather than washing it

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Bill the judges look, and that's why my sill trim is covered with clear vinyl tape until it's at a show. kind of silly to keep scuff plates unscuffed is it not.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Bill the judges look, and that's why my sill trim is covered with clear vinyl tape until it's at a show. kind of silly to keep scuff plates unscuffed is it not.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    Not going after them. They would be nice, but it is an item that is rarely seen, ie: who leaves their doors open at shows.

We become obsessive. When the Hawk won best 50's at the Stamford Ct. Museum car show, we came to the conclusion that it won only becasue noboody knew what it was. They had no idea if the interior was correct, or the engine was properly detailed.

They just had no idea what the darn thing was.

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    Not going after them. They would be nice, but it is an item that is rarely seen, ie: who leaves their doors open at shows.

We become obsessive. When the Hawk won best 50's at the Stamford Ct. Museum car show, we came to the conclusion that it won only becasue noboody knew what it was. They had no idea if the interior was correct, or the engine was properly detailed.

They just had no idea what the darn thing was.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Hint, next time use e-mail to do your research during a active auction, now everyone knows. (No I'm not bidding)

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X