• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franks 56J on Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...m=112076123163

If it is worth every penny.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

With the items listed as needing attention that might scare some buyers away at that price. On the other hand, it is one very nice car.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Are they really commanding that high of a price?
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ
        Are you sure this was Frank's car? He certainly didn't sell it a year or so for anything like the asking price.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Looks like Frank's. Overly generous details of minor points needing attention definitely sound like Frank. He's the last honest man and would rather exaggerate a tiny flaw than have a dis-satisfied buyer.

Are they really commanding that high of a price?
          More than worth it and no way could a project car be brought to this level for less.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ
            Looks like Serial # 6031654 ...therefore was not one in Frank's stable.

Comment

Might be Bill Ladroga's car.....His 56J was this color combo, and he moved from Mass to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Might be Bill Ladroga's car.....
                B-I-N-G-O!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                  B-I-N-G-O!!!
                  Just talked to Frank. It is the Ladroga car, now owned by his son. Took 1st place at the 1997 International Meet in South Bend.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Frank owned both a Snowcap White/Doeskin 56J and also a Mocha/Doeskin version......He sold the 'Jet Streak Kit' stick o/d job, but his 'Mocha/Doeskin' Hawk (if that's the one he kept) is VERY SIMILAR to Bill Ladroga's car.....That's why folks are getting confused.

PS....The extreme rarity of the 56J that Frank sold, plus its very clean condition, would push its value into the 50-60K range "real world"!..........Ultramatic versions, in the same overall condition, are worth about 20K less.

Comment

Frank owned both a Snowcap White/Doeskin 56J and also a Mocha/Doeskin version......He sold the 'Jet Streak Kit' stick o/d job, but his 'Mocha/Doeskin' Hawk (if that's the one he kept) is VERY SIMILAR to Bill Ladroga's car.....That's why folks are getting confused.

PS....The extreme rarity of the 56J that Frank sold, plus its very clean condition, would push its value into the 50-60K range "real world"!..........Ultramatic versions, in the same overall condition, are worth about 20K less.
                      Ed, I'm 99.99% sure both Frank & I are no longer 56J "OWNERS" ...with our advancing years we have now become 56J "CONSULTANTS"

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                        Ed, I'm 99.99% sure both Frank & I are no longer 56J "OWNERS" ...with our advancing years we have now become 56J "CONSULTANTS"
                        You sold BOTH of them?...OUCH!!!...Being a consultant is fine....but giving up both of those babies must have been downright TOUGH!!!!....Take care..Ed

Comment

You sold BOTH of them?...OUCH!!!...Being a consultant is fine....but giving up both of those babies must have been downright TOUGH!!!!....Take care..Ed
                          Ed, "56Golden" isn't Frank. (I also thought that "56Golden" was banned from this forum, but that's another topic.)

But he's right, Frank did sell both of his cars last year. I ran into him last fall and asked him how it felt to sell both cars after so many years of ownership. He let out a deep breath and said, "Relief.." After working so hard for so long to maintain those two cars as well as he did, I can respect his answer. Tom Curtis bought his automatic equipped car. The OD car went somewhere in the northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            Ed, "56Golden" isn't Frank. (I also thought that "56Golden" was banned from this forum, but that's another topic.)

But he's right, Frank did sell both of his cars last year. I ran into him last fall and asked him how it felt to sell both cars after so many years of ownership. He let out a deep breath and said, "Relief.." After working so hard for so long to maintain those two cars as well as he did, I can respect his answer. Tom Curtis bought his automatic equipped car. The OD car went somewhere in the northeast.
                            Thanks for that info Matt...and it's good to hear from you once in a while!

Comment

Yes, gentlemen, it is my car that I generously GAVE to my son. He has broken a promise never to sell the car while I was still alive. A great car but not worth the asking price.

Bill L.
                              Bill L.
                              1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X