questions about '52 trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about '52 trim

I was looking over a Studebaker graveyard a few weeks ago and saw a couple of trim pieces on a 1952 Starliner that I had not seen before. I am enclosing the picture of the stainless over the side windows. Is this a Studebaker acc.? i am having problems posting more than one picture per post so will have a second post for the rear finder trim.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

I don't recall ever seeing ventshades on the hardtops. How would that work with the upper door flippers? The Auto Ventshade Co. of Chamblee, Georgia manufactured vent shades offered by Studebaker. I've seen many on sedans and coupes. I may be wrong and will stand corrected; I think these are homemade. The angle on the top of the shade would cause rain to run in to the door threshold, rather than deflect it away.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I don't recall ever seeing ventshades on the hardtops. How would that work with the upper door flippers? The Auto Ventshade Co. of Chamblee, Georgia manufactured vent shades offered by Studebaker. I've seen many on sedans and coupes. I may be wrong and will stand corrected; I think these are homemade. The angle on the top of the shade would cause rain to run in to the door threshold, rather than deflect it away.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Studebaker offered ventshades for sedans but the don't show any for hardtops in the brochure.

It does say they are available on all models!

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Studebaker offered ventshades for sedans but the don't show any for hardtops in the brochure.

It does say they are available on all models!

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I had not seen any before.

From the looks of this relic, it was a heavily optioned car. I can see Stratoline rear fender ornaments and Starliner medallions.

More pictures please! And Gary, the next time you go by this one, snag the serial number and body tag info for me and I will add it to the 52 hardtop registry. It's still a surviving car, neglected tho it may be.

There looks to be a lot of useable parts here, some I am sure I could use.

Dan
            52 hardtop
            www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

I had not seen any before.

From the looks of this relic, it was a heavily optioned car. I can see Stratoline rear fender ornaments and Starliner medallions.

More pictures please! And Gary, the next time you go by this one, snag the serial number and body tag info for me and I will add it to the 52 hardtop registry. It's still a surviving car, neglected tho it may be.

There looks to be a lot of useable parts here, some I am sure I could use.

Dan
              52 hardtop
              www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

Working...
              X