Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 Lark regal.....anyone here know much about this car? Aparantly it belongs to a SDC member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swifster
    replied
    If I'm right, I've had a ride in that car. One of two Studebakers I've had a ride in.

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    Thanks Bob.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    I do so love happy endings!

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Video is quite persuasive. Looks well bought to me. Congrats on the purchase. Bob

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    Thanks Mat. Hope to get to meet you when I pick the car up. Really looking forward to getting into it and driving it home!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by ndynis View Post
    You are right Rich, I did win for only $7,950.00. I had been watching but really never thought it would be in my price range. I expected it to go for 5 figures. Just before we left for a local play I decided to just make my best bid and forget about it. When we got home from the play a little over an hour ago I found out I had actually won! I'm quite happy to have made this buy at that price. I have been looking for a good driver for quite some time and I think this is it.
    Can't wait to pick it up!
    Nick
    Congrats, Nick! I just sent you an email and passed your contact info on to the seller. Happy to see it go to a good home, and even happier to know that you plan on actually driving this car.. It should serve you well.

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    You are right Rich, I did win for only $7,950.00. I had been watching but really never thought it would be in my price range. I expected it to go for 5 figures. Just before we left for a local play I decided to just make my best bid and forget about it. When we got home from the play a little over an hour ago I found out I had actually won! I'm quite happy to have made this buy at that price. I have been looking for a good driver for quite some time and I think this is it.
    Can't wait to pick it up!
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Better HURRY, looks like u***u the "Last Minute Bidder" is about to WIN it for only $7950.00!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-30-2016, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Yes I watched and listened to the Video and Heard it go through all 4 Gears!

Also in the description and here in post #2.

Yes, I know Technically; it's "Gear" Ratios.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-30-2016, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Best of everything possible to the new owner! Looks like this will be a sweet little car. Was that an OverDrive lever I saw next to the Hood Release?

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Just a bump, the auction ends tonight around 7 PM eastern. It's already pretty close to hitting the reserve; my guess is this car will have a new owner later today.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    No one will need to worry about a worn out engine... Don't think oil pressure dropped below 30 psi while sitting. Will make someone a nice ride and a good example of a vehicle that kept a company like Studebaker in business for so long.

Leave a comment:

• Lark Ken
    replied
    I've missed out on a couple nice Larks recently. This example is exquisite and I am working to get my financial ducks in a row so I can take a shot at this beauty. I don't know it I can do it but I'm gonna try!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    [QUOTE=mbstude;1002938]The ad is mine, and the car belongs to a good friend here in Tallahassee.[QUOTE]

Should have known by picture #5!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    I watched the entire video. Great presentation Matt. I hope the car finds a great caretaker. Speaking of taking care, this is a good example of what is possible, when proper care and maintenance is observed. Also, with the "lay of the land," like Florida, or another place where the vehicle is not stressed with steep hills, switch backs, and hair pin curves, a six cylinder engine is very sufficient, and capable.

In an area like mine, these little cars are often stressed to the max on daily errands. Therefore, I hope someone with realistic expectations, acquires this car and treats it appropriately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X