Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 Lark regal.....anyone here know much about this car? Aparantly it belongs to a SDC member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark regal.....anyone here know much about this car? Aparantly it belongs to a SDC member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162146198195...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have it from reliable SDC sources that this Car is every bit as good as it looks! And it looks really Sweet !

Now to find out what it will take to Win it.

Overdrive Trans.
    Sanden compact Compressor
    Power Brake Booster
    Thermal clutch fan
    Front mounted Electric fan
    Avanti 40 Amp capable Alternator
    FM Radio converter
    Very Nice Interior
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-24-2016, 01:11 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the nice words, Rich.

The ad is mine, and the car belongs to a good friend here in Tallahassee. The reserve is very modest for the condition of the car and the work that has been done (the cost of the paint job is half of what the reserve is). It's a really nice Lark, and was built for his mom to drive when she sold her '39 Packard and wanted something smaller, though now has changed her mind.. There weren't any shortcuts taken. I drove it to the Florida state meet in Gainesville last fall (300 miles round trip) and the car ran perfect. It's a great highway car. It's been on the road long enough to have the bugs sorted out and it gets driven without worrying about anything.

I'm no longer an active participant on this forum, but feel free to message me through ebay with any questions. I'm going to try to get a video posted later today of the car driving around and will post it to the ad.

Comment

Nice looking car, with a great stance.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

What are those colorful "bugle" buttons on the side of the front fenders....very nice car...

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
            What are those colorful "bugle" buttons on the side of the front fenders....very nice car...
            Glass turn signal indicators..

Comment

Took it for a spin this morning.

Comment

I must say, if I were gonna own a six cylinder Stude, this would be the one. Only thing would be to add a 63 and later, Hawk style, chrome horn ring.

Are both of those mirrors functional? I know it used to be common practice to put them on the fenders, so they worked better.

Matt, you are no longer an, "active participant" here? WTH???

Comment

Very nice looking Lark. Now if I only had more money seeing as how I didn't win the loto.

Comment

I watched the entire video. Great presentation Matt. I hope the car finds a great caretaker. Speaking of taking care, this is a good example of what is possible, when proper care and maintenance is observed. Also, with the "lay of the land," like Florida, or another place where the vehicle is not stressed with steep hills, switch backs, and hair pin curves, a six cylinder engine is very sufficient, and capable.

In an area like mine, these little cars are often stressed to the max on daily errands. Therefore, I hope someone with realistic expectations, acquires this car and treats it appropriately.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

[QUOTE=mbstude;1002938]The ad is mine, and the car belongs to a good friend here in Tallahassee.[QUOTE]

Should have known by picture #5!
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I've missed out on a couple nice Larks recently. This example is exquisite and I am working to get my financial ducks in a row so I can take a shot at this beauty. I don't know it I can do it but I'm gonna try!

Comment

No one will need to worry about a worn out engine... Don't think oil pressure dropped below 30 psi while sitting. Will make someone a nice ride and a good example of a vehicle that kept a company like Studebaker in business for so long.

Comment

Just a bump, the auction ends tonight around 7 PM eastern. It's already pretty close to hitting the reserve; my guess is this car will have a new owner later today.

Comment

Best of everything possible to the new owner! Looks like this will be a sweet little car. Was that an OverDrive lever I saw next to the Hood Release?
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X