yard full of c/k parts cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yard full of c/k parts cars

These cars, located west of Houston near Brookshire, were flooded a few months ago & featured in a news story circulated around the net shown standing in 4 ft of water. Now it is so hot and dry there that it is difficult to imagine that there was ever any water there except for the muddy residue inside of the cars. It is no great loss as they were parts cars for the most part anyway & most of the parts on them are still intact. I will be hauling & dismantling these cars this Summer & Fall, so let me know what you need. Be aware that I am unable to promise immediate shipment, but have a good deal of rare parts available. There are engines & trans, stainless mouldings, glass, hardware, chassis, steering, brake, differential/driveline parts & plenty of grill & bumper cores for my plating customers. Switches, gauges & sheetmetal from these will be pretty sparse but I have other parts cars & a large inventory of loose parts in stock at the Studebaker Ranch.

http://www.studebakersite.com

http://www.custompolishchromeplating.com
    Attached Files
    Barry'd in Studes

Geeeez..... Looks like a perfect place for a snake condo!

Be careful out there...

Comment

Most of the snakes out there drowned except for the water moccasins...
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Looks like a lot of work Barry!
        How many cars were there?
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Sent you a PM
          sigpic

Wayne Lee

Comment

Thanks Barry, not many of us have the energy and commitment anymore to save what will be important/necessary to keep our vehicles on the road into the future. Bob
            , ,

Comment

Hi Barry!,...In your 4th photo, the Hawk two cars to the right of the GT Hawk looks like it could be a '56 Golden....If it is, do you know if it's stick or auto?

Comment

Find someone with a knack for removing those stainless strips around the roof edge, on every car there that has them. I could never do it without at least a kink here and there, but my older brother can remove/install them in his sleep. Hopefully, you have someone there with such a knack.

Comment

Looks like some nice parts car there. By the time they have been stripped down to just a body shell and sand blasted most of the mud a snakes should be gone.

Comment

Thanks Joe Hall for posting about the drip edge chrome. I have my 56j in for paint and when I removed my pieces I put a few kinks in them like you had stated. Does your brother have any tips to keep from bending them when I install after the car comes back from paint? While the subject has come up about the parts I could use a nice glove compartment door for my 56j as the engine machine on mine doesn't look quite as good as the rest of my dash. While I am at it I might as well get all my questions in on one thread. My wife would like to move to the outer banks of North Carolina and I am wondering what that salt air will do to my 56 and is there any way to store it in a garage and not have worry about it. Sorry for all the questions at once.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      Hi Barry!,...In your 4th photo, the Hawk two cars to the right of the GT Hawk looks like it could be a '56 Golden....If it is, do you know if it's stick or auto?
                      No Golden Hawks in this 20 car batch. I have a few Golden Hawks, a Sky Hawk & 4 Packard Hawks at my place but the ones being parted out do not have a lot of pristine parts left on them.
                      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

My brother uses a particular type of bottle opener and moves slowly in small incremental steps from end to end and never distorts or mars any of them

Comment

Working...
                        X