X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56Golden
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
    Were the stolen wind deflectors recovered, or the perpetrators ever identified from the incident at the National Meet in Glendale a few years back?
    Sorry Matt, don't know the answer to the question you started THIS thread to find out. IF …the vehicle owner filed a theft report with the Glendale Police Dept. (between 5/31 - 6/6, 2010) you should be able to get a copy of it and find out whether the case is still open or has been closed. Here you go: https://www.glendaleaz.com/police/ho...licereport.cfm

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Just like we never heard the real story behind the Packard prototype that was featured on the cover of TW once (August 2002) . I STILL want to know if it was McKeehan behind that or someone else. It was a fraud.
    Scott, I believe it has well established that Paul McKeehan indeed duped both Turning Wheels and The Packard Cormorant Editors with his imagination and less-than-clever artwork. A mea culpa was published in The Packard Cormorant, explaining how knowledgeable people had been fooled, and insuring that steps were in place to be certain that such would not happen again.

As for Turning Wheels, I will not presume to speak for the late Art Unger. My personal opinion (opinion, mind you) is that Art was too embarrassed to pursue following it up with something of that magnitude in Turning Wheels. He knew he had been fooled, so let's cut him a little posthumous slack as to having been embarrassed to the point of possible humiliation. It's happened to all of us at one time or another, and just because you or me might not have handled it that way, we shouldn't cruicify someone who did. BP

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    The last I heard was that the BoD's had identified the culprit and it would be 'aired' in TW's. NEVER HAPPENED! Like all the other SDC monetary 'problems', the REAL story, nor 'justice', never reaches the members. Sort of like government cover-ups. stupak
    Just like we never heard the real story behind the Packard prototype that was featured on the cover of TW once (August 2002) . I STILL want to know if it was McKeehan behind that or someone else. It was a fraud.

Leave a comment:

• stupak
    replied
    The last I heard was that the BoD's had identified the culprit and it would be 'aired' in TW's. NEVER HAPPENED! Like all the other SDC monetary 'problems', the REAL story, nor 'justice', never reaches the members. Sort of like government cover-ups. stupak

Leave a comment:

• spokejr
    replied
    Ah, the English language...how it divides people of common ancestry.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
    Geez Matt get your facts right!
    LOL, Lol!!

Leave a comment:

• packardHawk58
    replied
    Geez Matt get your facts right!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    We have "Wind Deflectors" over here but they are not Windows, what was taken were Vent Windows from the front doors of a 1930's Stude.

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Hawk
    started a topic Stolen wind deflectors

Stolen wind deflectors

Were the stolen wind deflectors recovered, or the perpetrators ever identified from the incident at the National Meet in Glendale a few years back?
Working...
X