No announcement yet.

gas tank sending unit

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gas tank sending unit

    I have a 1964 cruiser that the gas tank sending unit isn't working properly. Looking for an alternative or replacement part. any help? On another note, as I was looking for the fuse box. Couldn't find it ...any thoughts? Bll, Minot, ND

  • #2
    Studebaker International has sending units and gasket. (part #1549575) I don't believe the car has a fuse block but I'm not familiar with the electrics on a 64'. On my 59', 60' and 61'' Lark each function has it's own fuse. Headlight, wiper, heater fan, etcetera , has a fuse in it's respective switch. Others on this forum with knowledge about your car can chime in.


    • #3
      Most 50's and '60's Cars do not have a Fuse Block or Box, a '64 Stude. does not. Which Circuit were you looking for the fuse on?

      The Headlight Circuit has a Circuit Breaker clipped onto the bottom rail of the dash support near the steering column.
      The only electric Gauges; Fuel and Temp. have no Fuse there really is no "Power" in their resistance circuit to their senders.

      The Turn Signals and Stop Lights/Dome Light, do have a small insulator board fuse panel under the dash with the T/S Flasher Unit with 2 Glass Fuses.

      Post War Studebaker Parts are not hard to find at all if you are a Member of SDC and receiving our Monthly Publication "Turning Wheels" and know about the Studebaker Vendors at:
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner