Pay it forward example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay it forward example

We've talked about pay it forward gestures on the forum, and there was a great example of a pay it forward on the news tonight. (Actually it was a pay it backwards) A guy was in line for coffee at the drive through at Starbucks when the guy behind him beeped his horn out of impatience. Instead of throwing the guy behind him the bird, he paid for his coffee. Apparently, the act of kindness embarrassed the honker because he did the same for the car behind him, then that car did the same for the car behind them, and it went on like that all day, kinda cool.

Video here

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=195210
    JDP Maryland

For years I've gotten a real kick out of toll booths- I pay mine, and give the attendant 2 extra bucks and ask them to pay the toll of whoever's behind me. I do have the automated E-Z pass, but still go through the attendant's line sometimes just to do that[)]

I get a two-fer- the attendant is puzzled, and the person behind me is shocked!

I also love being at Disney World in a restaurant, seeing a family having a meal, and paying their check totally anonymously[8D]

I admit to being a greedy SOB- I get a WAY bigger kick out of it than the recipent ever could![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

For years I've gotten a real kick out of toll booths- I pay mine, and give the attendant 2 extra bucks and ask them to pay the toll of whoever's behind me. I do have the automated E-Z pass, but still go through the attendant's line sometimes just to do that[)]

I get a two-fer- the attendant is puzzled, and the person behind me is shocked!

I also love being at Disney World in a restaurant, seeing a family having a meal, and paying their check totally anonymously[8D]

I admit to being a greedy SOB- I get a WAY bigger kick out of it than the recipent ever could![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Bob,

Frank and I are available for dinner in Lancaster.

Decimal Dude (wondering if I can now upgrade to the Super 8)

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Bob,

Frank and I are available for dinner in Lancaster.

Decimal Dude (wondering if I can now upgrade to the Super 8)

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I'll join y'all

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

I'll join y'all

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Let's do it!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Let's do it!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I was playing blackjack at Caesar's a few years back with a guy that owned a bunch of car dealerships. i was betting $25-$50 a hand, he was betting $200-$500, but he did not know basic blackjack strategy. I started suggesting some tips to him, and he started winning. As luck would have it, I lost all I was willing to risk, and tried to say goodnight. He slipped me $1000 in chips and told me to pay him back if I won, if not at least hang out until I lost that. We both got on a nice run, I paid him back and he left the table 10K up, and I left with a few hundred and he treated me to dinner.
                    I know the guy was very well off, but it was still a nice gesture, and after that I always left silly tips if I was having a killer night. Just as that grand meant nothing to my new friend, a $50 tip when I hit a big jackpot means little to me, but can make a $10.00/hour attendants weekend and it feels good to do. If I ever hit the million dollar plus progressive slot machine, I'll have to give away a Studebaker or two just for the rush.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,439.30
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I was playing blackjack at Caesar's a few years back with a guy that owned a bunch of car dealerships. i was betting $25-$50 a hand, he was betting $200-$500, but he did not know basic blackjack strategy. I started suggesting some tips to him, and he started winning. As luck would have it, I lost all I was willing to risk, and tried to say goodnight. He slipped me $1000 in chips and told me to pay him back if I won, if not at least hang out until I lost that. We both got on a nice run, I paid him back and he left the table 10K up, and I left with a few hundred and he treated me to dinner.
                      I know the guy was very well off, but it was still a nice gesture, and after that I always left silly tips if I was having a killer night. Just as that grand meant nothing to my new friend, a $50 tip when I hit a big jackpot means little to me, but can make a $10.00/hour attendants weekend and it feels good to do. If I ever hit the million dollar plus progressive slot machine, I'll have to give away a Studebaker or two just for the rush.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,439.30
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP
                        If I ever hit the million dollar plus progressive slot machine, I'll have to give away a Studebaker or two just for the rush.

John, since you brought it up, I'd like to reserve "Sid" next to my name, OK?!

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JDP
                          If I ever hit the million dollar plus progressive slot machine, I'll have to give away a Studebaker or two just for the rush.

John, since you brought it up, I'd like to reserve "Sid" next to my name, OK?!

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

John,I will accept any ole cast off Lark you feel the need to give away!!

Comment

John,I will accept any ole cast off Lark you feel the need to give away!!

Comment

Working...
                              X