Stu Chapman's book - shameless plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Chapman's book - shameless plug

As most of you know, in 2009 I wrote a book titled "My Father The Car: Memoirs of my life with Studebaker". The first edition was sold out in late 2011 and a second edition was published in 2012. The second edition is now getting close to being sold out as well.

The Studebaker National Museum has a few copies left, as does the Avanti Owners Association International. Our publisher is now down to less than two dozen copies in stock. We will have to make a decision soon if a third edition should be published and would appreciate comments from Forum members as to sufficient interest.

In the meantime, I do have a few copies available in my personal stock and will bring them to the SDC International Meet in Warwick, Rhode Island. If you are attending the meet and would like a copy, please send me a PM, email, or post on this thread with your Warwick contact information and I'll be happy to oblige. Many thanks for all your support.

Stu Chapman

Stu,
    I still do not have a copy of your book and would surely like to obtain one. I think that as new people join the hobby and our club there will be continued interest. I would hope that a 3rd edition would be seriously considered.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Stu, this is the kind of book that belongs in many public libraries. Every public and academic library in South Bend and Hamilton should have a copy for starters. That's not many, but there are potentially hundreds of other potential library purchasers. I already have a copy and it's a great book. If they don't know about your book they won't buy it, though!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I would like to by a book from you at RI. See you there.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Stu, this is the kind of book that belongs in many public libraries. Every public and academic library in South Bend and Hamilton should have a copy for starters.
          Every library in Canada should have a copy; public, and academic.

Aside from being a huge part of Canadian history, it also exposes some business decisions that originated within Canada that could have changed the outcome of Studebaker's automotive operations.

Craig

Comment

Got Stu's book when the first edition came out - great read, would recommend it to anyone interested in the latter part of Studebaker production, or anyone interested in Studebaker history.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

The book is still for sale through the AOAI's online store.

https://www.aoai.org/shop/product.php?productid=20
              Lew Schucart
              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Ditto, I do not have one and want to order, so I vote for another printing!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                  Stu,
                  I still do not have a copy of your book and would surely like to obtain one. I think that as new people join the hobby and our club there will be continued interest. I would hope that a 3rd edition would be seriously considered.
                  Ed, as noted in my post #1, you can order from either AOAI or the Museum. If you're going to Warwick I can accommodate you there.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
                    I would like to by a book from you at RI. See you there.
                    Thank you Gary. PM sent.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Stu, this is the kind of book that belongs in many public libraries. Every public and academic library in South Bend and Hamilton should have a copy for starters. That's not many, but there are potentially hundreds of other potential library purchasers. I already have a copy and it's a great book. If they don't know about your book they won't buy it, though!
                      Scott and Craig....thank you for the suggestion. I know the Hamilton Public Library has it but that's all that I know of. I'll check with the Museum to determine what arrangements they have made in the U.S. for their books. I'll check with the Hamilton Public Library to see what we can do in Canada.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                        Got Stu's book when the first edition came out - great read, would recommend it to anyone interested in the latter part of Studebaker production, or anyone interested in Studebaker history.
                        Thank you Paul.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                          Ditto, I do not have one and want to order, so I vote for another printing!

Mark
                          Mark, you don't have to wait for another printing. As noted in my post #1, you can order from either AOAI or the Museum. If you or a friend are going to Warwick, I can accommodate you there. Send me a PM with contact information.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I just ordered a copy from AOAI, and look forward to reading it.
                            Thanks Much!
                            Joe H

Comment

Have you had any new information or clarification since your book was published in 2009? (Example here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...enz-Connection )

Is there enough new information to warrant updating your book aside from a reprint?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X