X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am reading this wrong?

Here is an ad I saw on statewide list California Craigslist:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5624898466.html

Emailed the ad and asked if it was a six or V8. He asked for my email to send pictures. Got several pictures and a price, $5,800 cash. Two of the pictures show a six with the head off and another picture of the head.

Ad states runs good. Am I missing something? Have not been up on prices but it seems to me that a Flight Hawk with a down engine might be worth half the asking price.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Home of 6 Volt Paradise

I would be leery of this deal.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Already changed the password on my email account.

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ

Comment

It may have run good before the head was removed or whoever is handling the sale got the wrong pictures included. Did the engine appear to be in a Hawk? In any case Craigslist is not like ebay. You would want to examine the vehicle before any agreement was made.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I am not even remotely interested in a six cylinder Hawk. The pictures show a Hawk engine compartment with the head off. The picture of the head still had the spark plugs screwed in. He had also a 57 Ford 2 door wagon with a standard transmission, 60 Lark with a V8 and other stuff. If he has priced the Hawk at that price, I shudder to think about everything else.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ
          Home of 6 Volt Paradise

Comment

Hey, this is California. Ain't nothin inexpensive here.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
              I am not even remotely interested in a six cylinder Hawk. The pictures show a Hawk engine compartment with the head off. The picture of the head still had the spark plugs screwed in. He had also a 57 Ford 2 door wagon with a standard transmission, 60 Lark with a V8 and other stuff. If he has priced the Hawk at that price, I shudder to think about everything else. Bob Miles Tucson AZ Home of 6 Volt Paradise
              The Interior of that Hawk is very familiar, I would remember one with Turquoise Kick Panels and a Green Door on what he says is Blue & Red Primered Hawk, NOT.
              It must have been up before.

Our Forum Member Warren Webb is very close to this Location in Perris, CA.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

He put one too many 0's on that fireturd.

Dean.

Comment

Fair price for all of those cars listed but not just one of them !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X