Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your Hawk has been in the car port too long when . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by ndynis View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54676[/ATTACH]

When not only is there a bird nest in the bumper guard but she had time to lay an egg. Now what do I do?

My cat saw this and she's been licking her chops all evening...

Leave a comment:

• BILT4ME
    replied
    Make a tiny omelette?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    I would suggest a live cam feed.
    LOL, instead of 'Mare Stare,' like we have for the horses you'll have Peeping pictures.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Once it hatches, send it to me to take care of the brown widow spider I can't seem to get out of my left rear hubcap. :P

Leave a comment:

• acolds
    replied
    Check the type of bird could be lark hope its a hawk as we need to keep hawks and larks separate. Glad not a falcon, eagle , firebird, sun bird or thunderbird

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    OOooooo, I really like the live feed idea too. I would love to watch the little chick hatch. Who knows?? It may turn out to be a Chicken Hawk. Wouldn't Ted Harbit be jealous? ! ? !
    For me, it kinda depends on what type of bird it turns out to be. For years, I have built and maintained Blue Bird houses. The thing that impresses me about blue birds is that they are clean. The adult birds take the droppings in their beaks and drop them away from the nest. I thought that was to keep the nest clean and the smell to a minimum to keep predators away.

I made a mistake in assuming that most cute little birds were like that. So, when a couple of little house sparrows decided to build a nest in the decorative wreath my wife keeps on our front glass storm door, I was excited about the opportunity to observe them. To my disappointment, they turned out to be anything but clean. Instead of hauling the droppings away from the nest, the little buggers began to decorate the upper rim of the nest with droppings. Once they had it a solid mass of mess...it began to spill over, oozing down the door. Slimy little trails of filth.

When they finally got mature enough to leave the nest, I had to discard the wreath and pressure wash the door. This year, I have removed and placed at least five nests into the shrubbery growing in front of the porch. I'll not have them building in the wreath or on the porch again.

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Chances are there will be more eggs in the next day or two! Just think, twins or triplets, or more! the grandkids will love it. Bill

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    OOooooo, I really like the live feed idea too. I would love to watch the little chick hatch. Who knows?? It may turn out to be a Chicken Hawk. Wouldn't Ted Harbit be jealous? ! ? !

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    All great suggestions/comments. I'm pretty sure I won't be driving it to the chapter meeting on June 11th. Good idea for video. Have granddaughters coming for summer visit in a few weeks. Might be fun for them to see.
    Thanks all!
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    If only You had a spare Bumper, and a Bracket for that side You'd be on the road again .

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54676[/ATTACH]

When not only is there a bird nest in the bumper guard but she had time to lay an egg. Now what do I do?

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Make it worth your while. Create a photo/video journal of the events as they take place. Keep an ongoing record of the egg, the hatching, the feeding, the growth and the eventual "leaving the nest" exploits. It will affirm the sacrifice of not driving the Hawk and be an invaluable example to yourself, your kids and your grandkids, illustrating what is truly important in this life.
    The satisfaction you'll get from driving the car after the parenting is done will make it far more satisfying in the end.
    Just my opinion...
    So, good luck, DAD ! ! !

Leave a comment:

• thunderations
    replied
    Looks like you need to be buying cigars and start a college fund for your forthcoming grandbirdie.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Yikes, Jack - that's brutal!

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Well, from a natural order of things, hawks eat smaller birds every day. ;>)

jack vines

Leave a comment:

Working...
X