AVX4 -- a sensational futuristic Avanti Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVX4 -- a sensational futuristic Avanti Concept

Congratulations to the "visionaries" involved with the new AVX4 Avanti Concept Car. (The complete 6 page article by John Hull appears in the current [Issue 174, Spring/Summer 2016] of Avanti Magazine).

A brief tribute: www.theavanti.net/avx4.html

WOW!!.....It makes a new Corvette look a bit 'dated'!

Comment

I agree with the WOW!!! Especially in the stainless steel color!

Comment

The newest Collectible Automobile has a profile article about a GM designer by the name of North. He drew an illustration that the design of the 1966 Olds Toronado was based on. But when they started transferring the illustration to a more dimensionally scaled drawing, one of the designers told North that "the roof will cut the drivers head off"........in other words, the illustration had a roof that was drawn much lower than could actually be done in real life. I suspect this illustration of the Avant may have a similar issue. It does retain many Avant styling cues however.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Sleek. Fast.
          I want it.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I feel that a modern day Avanti should be given wrap-around front turn signals/marker lamps. In fact, I think it should have been done back in the 1980's.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Wow that is one great looking car!!! I love it ..
              Love my Lark

Comment

I love it..... Please, Please, Please, someone build it. I especially like the amber blade lights and the "glasses" neon lights that accent the headlights. The rear could use a little softening but it's way cool and I just want the Avanti to continue to live on.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

First time I've wanted a NEW car in years!

Comment

Make one for me as well!
                    Would be a lot easier to find at the airport parking garage. Wouldn't get lost in the sea of Japanese and Korean look-alike cars people buy these days!
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Will it have the latest SBC in it?
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                      X