X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk lovers

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/5610094936.html

Robert Kapteyn

This '56 Sky Hawk looks to be a real doll...not a factory color...but who cares?....S-P really got it right with the styling of the 1956 Sky Hawk models!

Comment

I really want one of these. I should not have looked. Now I'll think of nothing else all day. Rats!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Agree, the '56 Sky Hawk was the cleanest of all the early Hawks. Interesting that I'm not usually a two-tone guy, but my eye has become accustomed to two-tone '56 Hawks.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

This was one of Bob Bourke's last accomplishments for Studebaker.
          The Sky Hawk is the only postwar Studebaker that I have not owned that I would like to own.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            This was one of Bob Bourke's last accomplishments for Studebaker.
            The Sky Hawk is the only postwar Studebaker that I have not owned that I would like to own.
            My first Studebaker was a '56 Sky Hawk with P/S and the early FIRST gear start (in drive) Flightomatic......How much do you think I'd like to have THAT car back?

Comment

I've owned 2 Sky Hawks and I should kept one of them. Oh well, hind sight is 20-20. Bud

Comment

I feel SO lucky to have found mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                  I've owned 2 Sky Hawks and I should kept one of them. Oh well, hind sight is 20-20. Bud
                  About 20 years ago I made the same major mistake. I had bought one dreaming that it would be a forever car. It had the original solid color gold paint, original interior, drive train, would start and move around (driveway only), was rust free and had overdrive. I decided that I would probably never get around to it and a man from Gary, Indiana had been after me about the car. He wanted to paint it black and white and make it a Golden Hawk. And I caved and sold it to him. I even trailered it to him. Part of my reasoning was it was pretty cobbled up both wiring and transmission. It had been converted to a floor shift then unsuccessfully returned to column shift. Brakes were bad, interior needed work and so on.
                  Attached Files
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

sweet ride. I have had a few of them & regret letting the better ones get away. I have a pretty rough builder currently for sale.
                    Also have a '51 Champ 4dr with same paint scheme f/sale.

Back in the 90's I answered a newspaper ad for a '56 Studebaker in Houston for $500. The seller could not tell me what model it was, but was able to say that it was a 2dr. and that it had been stored inside his garage since '71. I drove right over and bought a super solid, but grossly flea-infested Sky Hawk for $500.00 Sadly, I sold it when raising funds for the down pmt on the home & shop we now occupy.
                    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                    X