Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 Champion Starlight on ebay. Is this for Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Starlight on ebay. Is this for Real?

Why would this person be selling the car with a "buy it now" of $8900, but $8600 hasn't met reserve. Also the zero feedback makes me wonder about this sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201585831715...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$8900 may be the reserve.
    Maybe this is their first sale on Ebay. They may not have had anything they wanted to sell before. Everyone has to start somewhere.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I've seen it on eBay before... Didn't sell in spite of the good price.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well it's sold now.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

And I bet the new owner will be pleased with that too.
          Great price.
          Geoff

Comment

I would have preferred a more correct interior pattern, but I think someone got an excellent buy for a clean looking Starlight Coupe. The thing that surprised me is the fact that the bid didn't meet reserve when it was only $300 less than the buy it now. And if I was the bidder at only $300 less than the b-I-n price, I'd have gone with the b-I-n rather than risk loosing the car over such a small amount of money. Anyway I see soon after this posting, someone jumped on it for a good deal. Wish I had the room for it, but I'd have to sell one first.

Comment

I'll bet the second bidder[at $8799] is not happy!
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
              X