2016 LaPalma Park meet California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 LaPalma Park meet California

Who's all going? It's one of the best annual meets put on in the South West. I will be swapping parts if any one needs somthing maybe I can bring it to the meet. Date is 5/29/2016. So if the Southwest zone meet up in Reno didn't fill your bucket. This will. Thanks John. See ya there

I believe my brother Dan will be there from Santa Maria. He is bringing Studebaker Hawk parts down for sale. He may be driving a '50s vintage Studebaker camper with a tan patina paint job.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

La Palma has always been one of the Best All Studebaker Car Shows in the Country.
      Do not be disappointed though, if you see more Modifieds than Original Cars this year though, because the many Local "Restoration Shops" and individuals just keep cranking them out more each year in So. Cal.

I guess it is a snapshot of the General Population of Studes. 20 Years from now, when most of those of us that care about Correct are gone.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Will be there myself.

Mike

Comment

I'll be there with my white `63 Avanti. I look forward to meeting you guys, finally getting to see the faces behind the typing so to speak. Be forewarned, I'll be picking your brains for advise right and left since I am still on the steep part of the learning curve. This is my first Studebaker and I have only had it since last June.

Also, I will be bringing an aluminum flywheel for a 289. As nice as it is, I really don't think I will want to be driving in traffic with it. If somebody has an iron one in equally good shape, some horse trading could be committed.

Ken Buchanan

Comment

I'll be there and bringing my son so he can find a few parts for college graduation gift, my Dad's 63 Avanti!
            Last edited by asesolen; 05-20-2016, 06:42 AM.
            Mike Lynch
            Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
            Alan Taylor

Comment

I will be there and wearing a red San Fernando Raceway Trophy Winner wind breaker jacket. Ken if you want to do some horse trading pm me.

Comment

I've been going there for years. Pretty good selection of avantis also.

Comment

We will be there for the festivities, Stanley, our '57GH will make his debut.
                  ...Hopefully someone will bring a starter motor for a Commander 226 ci. engine.
                  This will get me on the road to restoring a 1 1/2 ton '47........

Comment

I'll be there with my 62 GT. Bud

Comment

I will be there!

As I have noted in other Posts, Non-Studebaker folks that showed up last year basically said the same thing.. "Its better than most Chevy rallies.."

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      La Palma has always been one of the Best All Studebaker Car Shows in the Country.
                      Do not be disappointed though, if you see more Modifieds than Original Cars this year though, because the many Local "Restoration Shops" and individuals just keep cranking them out more each year in So. Cal.

I guess it is a snapshot of the General Population of Studes. 20 Years from now, when most of those of us that care about Correct are gone.
                      I believe since the 20's people have been taking a stock car and customizing them. You can find instances of notorious gangsters swapping in a Ford V8 in their Dodge, because they would not be caught dead driving a Ford.. Many got their wish..

Here is the Link to Pictures of last years show..

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/R2...?sort=9&page=1

I'd say there was 2/3 Stock and 1/3 modified, which is pretty a pretty good mix.

I am a firm believer that those who customize them, do a pretty fair job, and one thing is for sure.. It gets people tuning their head saying, "Cool! What was that?"

Comment

Well said Sebastian!
                        Mike Lynch
                        Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                        Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post

I am a firm believer that those who customize them, do a pretty fair job, and one thing is for sure.. It gets people tuning their head saying, "Cool! What was that?"

Yeah, well in most "modified" cases the answer would be, " well at least partly a Studebaker, Chevrolet, and maybe some Ford thrown in for good measure...
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Wouldn't miss it. Look for the unique Lark in the swap meet area.

Comment

LaPalma meet

Originally posted by doug View Post
                              Wouldn't miss it. Look for the unique Lark in the swap meet area.
                              I'll be there with a load of restored Stude radios for the years 1934 to 1959

Comment

Working...
                              X