Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the horse didn't die 44 years ago....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the horse didn't die 44 years ago....

....it's sure been on Life Support a long time, and I doubt that it ever will!

Per the recent "discussions" about "real" R3-engined Studebakers, the following item appeared in the January 1972 SDC Bulletin, the forerunner of Turning Wheels:

And in the May 1972 SDC Bulletin, this follow-up:

So to everyone harboring delusions of this ever being settled once and for all, I say, "Good Luck!" BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Love the history lesson Bob............I'm sure the horse ain't gonna die on this issue........

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	horse2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1705457

Don't worry, Bob...the usual suspect(s) will opine.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I don't think I'll go out and burn my R4 clone GT (since STU-V in 1971) anytime soon. Great old article Bob.
        Bill

Comment

Gotta love enthusiasts. If one invented a time machine rather than stop Hitler or meet Jesus they'd be convincing Bob Bourke to change the flat chrome panel on the dash of the '53.

Hmmm... Maybe I can scare up an old mimeograph machine somewhere and put out some "vintage" newsletters to stir up trouble. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
            Gotta love enthusiasts. If one invented a time machine rather than stop Hitler or meet Jesus they'd be convincing Bob Bourke to change the flat chrome panel on the dash of the '53.

Hmmm... Maybe I can scare up an old mimeograph machine somewhere and put out some "vintage" newsletters to stir up trouble. Oops, did I say that out loud?
            I love the '53 chrome dash except when the sun hits it from behind. Better have very dark sunglasses.
            Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
            https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	indian-dead_horse.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1705458It's only been 44 years

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]54210[/ATTACH]It's only been 44 years
                That's great, Fred; thanks. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I guess it just reflects the anal level of the beholder or.....

Comment

A forum friend PM'd me to check out this thread, which I missed.

Bob & Bruce, I sincerely hope you're enjoying yourselves making fun of someone who is trying to 'set the record straight' on how many R3 and R4 passenger cars were actually sold by the Studebaker Corp.

However, I believe that the OWNERS of these cars that you 'love to hate' should be shown a little more respect!....I wonder what you two would be saying if you actually OWNED one of these rare factory Studebakers?

Think about it friends.....SN-60

Comment

I missed any insult which might have been noticed, thinking just that folks were having fun discussing our enthusiasm addled brains.

We all have our hot buttons!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                        I missed any insult which might have been noticed, thinking just that folks were having fun discussing our enthusiasm addled brains.

We all have our hot buttons!
                        Hardly an insult...just the 'intractable oldtimers' at it again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                          I don't think I'll go out and burn my R4 clone GT (since STU-V in 1971) anytime soon. Great old article Bob.
                          Bill
                          Darn it.... Why did I drive my "non-factory" R3 Avanti off the cliff, just cuz it wasn't factory stock??? I shoulda kept it.
                          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            A forum friend PM'd me to check out this thread, which I missed.

Bob & Bruce, I sincerely hope you're enjoying yourselves making fun of someone who is trying to 'set the record straight' on how many R3 and R4 passenger cars were actually sold by the Studebaker Corp.

However, I believe that the OWNERS of these cars that you 'love to hate' should be shown a little more respect!....I wonder what you two would be saying if you actually OWNED one of these rare factory Studebakers?

Think about it friends.....SN-60
                            Easy, Ed. There are a lot of Bobs on this forum, so you should identify the target(s) of your arrow(s) before you release the bow string.

If I am assumed to be the Bob to whom you are referring, you are 'way off base as I don't "hate" the subject cars at all. Hell, I helped build and now regularly transport what is probably the most famous one of all; The Plain Brown Wrapper! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

This thread has so much 'win' in it... :-)
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X