No announcement yet.

57 Silver Hawk - FIN DELETE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if "fin delete" was ever done in North America but it certainly WAS done in Belgium for the European market.

Comment

Don't know if "fin delete" was ever done in North America but it certainly WAS done in Belgium for the European market.

Comment

quote:Whether or not this car came from the factory without fins, I like the look! My son's project '58 Silver Hawk has lost its fins and the look is clean and nice.

Joe Roberts
        "To each his own liking" as my mother used to say. When I was a teenager I used to sit on the ground and stare at the fins of our 58 Silver Hawk for hours. I thought they were the most beautiful things on earth!

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Whether or not this car came from the factory without fins, I like the look! My son's project '58 Silver Hawk has lost its fins and the look is clean and nice.

Joe Roberts
          "To each his own liking" as my mother used to say. When I was a teenager I used to sit on the ground and stare at the fins of our 58 Silver Hawk for hours. I thought they were the most beautiful things on earth!

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Michael Bostedt in Sweden owns a 1959 finless Silver Hawk. Here are his pics and info:

http://1959silverhawk.info.se/

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
            Woodbury, Minnesota
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Michael Bostedt in Sweden owns a 1959 finless Silver Hawk. Here are his pics and info:

http://1959silverhawk.info.se/

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Ok, it's pretty clear that these export finless Hawks were just re-makes of the '56 Power Hawk, certainly nothing like this one in the U.S.

I could be wrong but I would think, being cost conscious as we know Studebaker was, they would not make a thousand versions of these things, if a U.S. customer insisted on one, it wouldn't be too hard to use one of these existing export ones.

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Michael Bostedt in Sweden owns a 1959 finless Silver Hawk.
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Ok, it's pretty clear that these export finless Hawks were just re-makes of the '56 Power Hawk, certainly nothing like this one in the U.S.

I could be wrong but I would think, being cost conscious as we know Studebaker was, they would not make a thousand versions of these things, if a U.S. customer insisted on one, it wouldn't be too hard to use one of these existing export ones.

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Michael Bostedt in Sweden owns a 1959 finless Silver Hawk.
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
                    Yep! I can relate to that. I have even been seriously considering finding a pair of those fins and having them put on my '62 GT.
                    `

`

`

`(just kidding)(I do like fins however)...they are what separates the real men from the boys in their jelly-bean shaped Hondas.

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
                      Yep! I can relate to that. I have even been seriously considering finding a pair of those fins and having them put on my '62 GT.
                      `

`

`

`(just kidding)(I do like fins however)...they are what separates the real men from the boys in their jelly-bean shaped Hondas.

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Working...
                      X