Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other way to get a production order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other way to get a production order?

Is there ANY other way to obtain a production order for my Stude? I have tried the Museum Store here: http://studebakermuseum.org/store/pr...36-1959_00028/

The problems I have is that they claim to be secure, but they aren't. I have also tried with every browser out there and every time I try to order it, the page simply refreshes. I emailed them, but I can't get a response back. It's frustrating to say the least.
    1950 Studebaker Champion 4 Door Sedan

Call em. Dan

Comment

What internet browser are you using? if you switch to a different browser (example: Mozilla Firefox), you may get it to work.
      Mark L

Comment

I also had problems ordering online and so I called in my order .. They were great very friendly and fast at
        doing my order .
        Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
          Call em. Dan
          The toll-free number is 1-888-391-5600.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'll just have to call. To answer the browser issue I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari. All failed. I just figured they would get back to me within a week. I guess I'll call tomorrow.

Comment

They only pull Production Orders every so often. Say it's every 25 days. If you call on the 23rd day, you'll receive it quickly. If you happen to call on the 2nd day of the interval, you'll wait a while. FYI. We are very fortunate to have these records.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I found a copy for my Lark under the original carpet that I was in the process of replacing! It was a little dirty and wrinkled but a cool find..... Probably not gonna happen with a '50 tho.

Comment

takes 4 to 6 weeks, I got mine last week.... Call em is best.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                    I found a copy for my Lark under the original carpet that I was in the process of replacing! It was a little dirty and wrinkled but a cool find..... Probably not gonna happen with a '50 tho.
                    I found one under the carpet in a 63 Cruiser also. The OP might wanna look there, just for the heck of it. Or you could put a message in a bottle, and float it to the museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmallett View Post
                      Is there ANY other way to obtain a production order for my Stude?
                      Well...No one has brought it up...but you could always drive up to South Bend, check into a cheap motel...wait 'till the dead of night...break into the museum, and do your own research. However, that would probably make a lot of us mad at you.

Seeing that you are relatively new to our bunch...stick around long enough...and you will find you can make some of us mad at you with almost no effort, or expense, on your part!

Give 'em a call. Every time I have, they seemed happy to hear form me.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Call the museum and ask for Andy Beckman that is his job. I work their.

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't mean to set off an array of emotions here. I was just excited and it seemed like more than a week was a "longer than usual" time for a museum to get back to someone via email. As a web developer, the broken purchase options were a frustration.

I am trying to build up as many resources as possible as well. That was why I was asking if there were alternatives. Been rebuilding cars my entire life. I try to get all my goodies in a row before really diving in.

Comment

I believe much of the labor at the museum is provided by unpaid volunteers. As noted, selling the POs are a bit of a sideline for the museum, and they often wait until they have a decent number of orders in hand before pulling them, copying them, and mailing them out. Phone calls are often the best way to get an order into the queue.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

I wasn't able to get one for months now. Problem is the credit Card handling. Whatever cc I use with different Options of my address I always get an error that my home address does not comply with my cc address (billing address).

Comment

Working...
                              X