No announcement yet.

What to do? 63 GT Hawk Mushed by a Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeffry and Truckguy. the best would be to just rebody it with a clean rust free body as it looks like the floors and rockers with the inner boxs are gone. Doing a complete rear roof clip with trunk floor and rockers could be done but by the time you fix the rest of the floor and all the welding it would be a lot of work. I have a good roof and 1/4 panel off a 63 if anyone in Mn wants to buy it and repair. I thought about it but my wife would have me hanging from the roof of my shop by my you know whats.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      Jeffry and Truckguy. the best would be to just rebody it with a clean rust free body as it looks like the floors and rockers with the inner boxs are gone. Doing a complete rear roof clip with trunk floor and rockers could be done but by the time you fix the rest of the floor and all the welding it would be a lot of work. I have a good roof and 1/4 panel off a 63 if anyone in Mn wants to buy it and repair. I thought about it but my wife would have me hanging from the roof of my shop by my you know whats.
      Yup... This car can be fixed. But repairing the roof alone wouldn't make sense without repairing the other items swvalcon refers to above.
      After looking the car over, that's why i decided it is more work than I want to tackle right now.

This car has a nice drivetrain, nice interior, wheels, etc...it drove really nice and smooth, had great pick up, shifted well and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to California tomorrow... if you have a Studebaker vehicle that needs mechanicals, or complete body donor that would be the way I would go.

Comment

Down to $2000 now...

Comment

Why are these thing always so far away?

I'd love to have it and can and have fixed much worse.
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you all for your advice, suggestions and kind words.

This car is sold pending arrival of payment.

Comment

Working...
            X