'64 Daytona Convertible Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Daytona Convertible Registry

I just bought Ed Riedel's '64 Daytona Convertible. How do I access the '64 registry to update it? I get the pdf file but no way to edit.

Randy Bohannon
    '63 GT R2 Hawk
    '64 Daytona Convertible

Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I just bought Ed Riedel's '64 Daytona Convertible. How do I access the '64 registry to update it? I get the pdf file but no way to edit.

Randy Bohannon
    '63 GT R2 Hawk
    '64 Daytona Convertible
    Randy, congratulations on your purchase. Send me a PM with your contact information and I will update the Registry. When will the car be making its way to Hawaii?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu - Info on my "new" '64 Convertible:
      Randy Bohannon
      78-6842 Alii Dr #11-302
      Kailua Kona, HI 96740
      RB.V4@att.net

'64 Daytona 64V10944 body tag 64V L8 290. Bordeaux Red, Red Int with Bucket Seats, White Top. October '63 289, Built 10/9/63 in South Bend.
      289 Powershift, Reclining Seats, AM Radio, Tinted Windshield, Undercoating, WW, Wheel Disc's
      Added: AM/FM Radio, Power Steering, AC, 4BBL Carb and Dual Exhaust, Front and Rear HD Anti-Sway Bars.

Plan to send to my Tacoma, WA shop to add power disc brakes and drive to the NW Overdrive the end of May. Will bring it to HI end of August.
      Its Hawaiian name is "Crimson I'iwi". It will go well with my '63 R2 GT 4spd with all package items named "Makani I'o".

I will also have several new Daytona Convert body parts: Hood, R and L front fenders, R and L rear fenders if anyone is interested.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
        Stu - Info on my "new" '64 Convertible:
        Randy Bohannon
        78-6842 Alii Dr #11-302
        Kailua Kona, HI 96740
        RB.V4@att.net

'64 Daytona 64V10944 body tag 64V L8 290. Bordeaux Red, Red Int with Bucket Seats, White Top. October '63 289, Built 10/9/63 in South Bend.
        289 Powershift, Reclining Seats, AM Radio, Tinted Windshield, Undercoating, WW, Wheel Disc's
        Added: AM/FM Radio, Power Steering, AC, 4BBL Carb and Dual Exhaust, Front and Rear HD Anti-Sway Bars.

Plan to send to my Tacoma, WA shop to add power disc brakes and drive to the NW Overdrive the end of May. Will bring it to HI end of August.
        Its Hawaiian name is "Crimson I'iwi". It will go well with my '63 R2 GT 4spd with all package items named "Makani I'o".

I will also have several new Daytona Convert body parts: Hood, R and L front fenders, R and L rear fenders if anyone is interested.

Randy
        Congratulations! You have bought the most rust free Studebaker I have seen in years. It's worth every penny you paid Ed. I bought the car from Adam Shapiro, the third owner, the Cleveland NBC News Anchor, in 2006. Adam sold it and a pristine '64 Cruiser because he was moving from his big house with a garage in Cleveland to an apartment in New York City and had no place to keep the cars. When I put it on eBay to sell, he contacted me from where he was reporting on the Gulf oil spill wanting to buy it back. However, it had been bid past what he was willing to pay.
        I have a big file about the car. If you have questions or just want more information about it, send me a PM with your email address and I'll try to tell you more about the car. For example, in case you didn't know, the AC is a modern Vintage Air type installation (R-134, Sanden compressor, etc), not an original Studebaker accessory.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 53k; 04-08-2016, 07:52 PM. Reason: add pictures
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul - My email address is RB.V4@att.net. Phone 253.229.5091. I am very interested in any and all info you have on the car e.g. what engine work has been done and when. What body work if any. Thanks in advance for the offer. Randy

Comment

Randy, the Registry has been updated at my end. It has now been forwarded to Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone for updating on the SDC web site You should see the updated version within a few days.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
            X