Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawklover
    replied
    Before or after he finished off the fifth of Seagram's?
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    About the dash mods.....Bob Andrews would have probably said...."Very aircraft"!

Leave a comment:

• Xcalibur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Because those that do suffer from "goo-gootz" syndrome:-(
    Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    Goodness folks, can't you find anything good to say about this car? Why is it such a sport on this forum to trash peoples cars?

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    replied
    It's perfectly clear to me. He needed cup holders

Leave a comment:

• Bamajak
    replied
    Goodness folks, can't you find anything good to say about this car? Why is it such a sport on this forum to trash peoples cars?
    Dito for me.............

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Paul, nice try ! We'll never break the Cycle though,for Some it's "did You hear Me - I have Spoken". it really doesn't take/need all that Trash to tell of what's not Original per any Vehicle

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    We just like to point out the Wrong, to save someone the loss and embarrassment of paying too much.

Also while wondering what the "WHY" might have been, to cause someone to ruin an original Car in otherwise fairly good condition and of a decent amount of value?

But this one is not just "Wrong" it is completely CRAZY!
    On some Planet it may be the norm, I don't know, never been off of Earth!

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    About the dash mods.....Bob Andrews would have probably said...."Very aircraft"!
    Were the overhead rocker switches his idea? Or was it John Epstein's?

Craig

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Ohmygosh! It must be a huge improvement over what we were saying it was back then, with no Rear Glass!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    I just came in from spraying a few parts with a rattle can. Checked the forum and found this thread. I don't know if it's just me, but after clicking on the ebay ad for the car...to me, the paint job looks like it was from a rattle can too. On my computer, the paint looks very streaked. Of course, anyone not knowing how to adjust a spray gun and the fifty percent overlap rule, can get the rattle-can effect with the best of equipment.

As for the mods, I'll not be too hard on the deceased person who performed them. I'll bet he don't give a hoot about it anymore. I only hope he got lots of joy from making it "his."

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Listed before?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...r-quot-on-ebay

Craig

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    started a topic Weird Avanti Dash Mod

Weird Avanti Dash Mod

This makes for one REALLY Weird looking Radio Speaker Panel!

At the First small view of the Dash, I thought there was a bunch of Dolls or do-dads glued on the Dash or something.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weird Dash1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1750712 Someone went to an incredible amount of work to relocate the Heat and Air controls from the Console to the Speaker Opening.

I just can't imagine how much hard work that would be to change the Cable lengths and route them all into that tiny space between the Radio and the Dash Top, just to a add a couple of Cup Holders, a Cigar Lighter and a Rocker Switch in the Console!

This appears to a "Real Deal", Rare 1964 Avanti with all of the '64 upgrades, but was Avanti Red, a change to Black certainly was not an improvement.

It was one of the Allstate Tire Cars.

It has an Air Cond. Compressor added, but nowhere to send the Air to, that can be seen.
    It is currently on PayBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331823546387...6387&viewitem=

Just file this one in your "Now I've seen EVERYTHING" File!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-07-2016, 03:01 PM.
Working...
X