Bar by Factory in South Bend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar by Factory in South Bend?

The first time I was in South Bend was in the late 70's, and I remember having a good time in a nice little bar across from the Studebaker factory. The name was a pun on the fact that it was across from the factory, it was the End of the Line, or the Shift Change or something having to do with the factory. What I remember was that the place seemed to be ignoring the fact that the factory had closed, and it was like they were fully expecting it to reopen any day.

It's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name. Ring any bells with anyone or am I dreaming this? I assume it's long gone, at least I couldn't find it last time I was there.
    ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ll-want-to-see

8E45E just posted this link of an old thread that had some bar info towards the end of the first page and the second.

Comment

Probably referring to the Dew Drop Inn.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ll-want-to-see

8E45E just posted this link of an old thread that had some bar info towards the end of the first page and the second.
        Interesting thread. Very sad that most of the pictures don't exist any more. Must have been lost in the transfer from the old server?

Perhaps the answer to the OP is the 'Lark Inn?' It went through several name changes (according to the above link). Maybe. However I also remember reading in an old TW article about something called 'The End Of the Line' as well. Someday I'd like to make it to South Bend and have a look around and walk-about too.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I would have to agree with Skip on this one. Spent many a lunch hour at the Dew Drop when I worked for The New Avanti Motor Corp in 1987.
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
          X