Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1947-1952 Land Cruisers - Lets see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947-1952 Land Cruisers - Lets see them!

Hello All,

I want to see all out that currently own a Land Cruiser model from the model years 1947-1952. I have been kicking around the idea of a vehicle registry for these beloved cars. For those of you that currently own one in this year range, please include name and serial number (with picture) in your posts. I am sorry to say that if there is enough interest to start a registry, that I will not be including the other Land Cruiser models, mostly because of the radical differences in body styles. I will also not be including the President/President Classic models (although they are technically a Land Cruiser, they also possess entirely different sheet metal. So go ahead and post'em, if there is enough interest I will see about getting a registry formed.
    Last edited by 61LaRk4dr; 03-31-2016, 09:46 PM.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Hmm, by the looks of things there must NOT be any interest in this inquiry. I know this was only posted yesterday, but I have seen other posts populate pretty quickly over a 24 hour period concerning this type of inquiry. I don't know if it is something with the posts (not visible, working, etc.), but it seems that the last few posts I have put up here have had little to no interest. I know I may come off as un-knowledgeable, but that is what happens when you are part of the "young" group. I am 33 and raising a family, much like most of you did at one time. I try to get on here when I can to get involved because, like all of you, we share the commonality of wishing to keep this beloved Marquee alive and the cars to which they belong on the road for others to see and enjoy. I remember there was a post sometime ago about the future of this Marquee and how to engage in the younger generation, if Studebaker is to survive. I hope there was some good lessons to take away from that post. I don't intend to make this a post busting everyone in the jaw, a lot of you have been helpful over the years. I guess I will end this post with: I am sorry if I offended anyone over the course of time and hope to talk to you sometime in the future.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I think you give up too easily. Remember that these are not really the most popular models and also make note that the few folks here do not represent the thinking of most Studebaker owners.
      sals54

Comment

I agree it's too early to shut it down, To me the Land Cruisers are kinda special. It Click image for larger version

Name:	49A5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1704489was a very luxury car for the day.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1949-studebaker-land-cruiser.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1704490
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

There are some folks who only check the forum on weekends and such. You will have to give this post time. Also most of us don't have Land Cruisers.
          sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The more model/year specific, the more technical, the fewer the responses and the longer they take to come in.

The more generic, the higher the volume and the faster the response. A question/comment about the weather always gets an answer.

BTW, the 1950 Land Cruiser is one of my top ten Studes of all time.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Just a friendly reminder - only your Admin and his Cat Herders can close posts Please don't attempt this on your own, folks!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Name:	July42009003.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1704502Click image for larger version

Name:	July42009001.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1704503Click image for larger version

Name:	5155reflection.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1704504Click image for larger version

Name:	fathersdayjpg.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1704505 1951 Land Cruiser. Ser# 8115179. Firewall plate reads HY-5 2168. ODOMETER READING AS OF APRIL 1, 2016 60,661 Miles.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Don't own a land cruiser but if you need a hug I'm here for ya.

Dean.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by showbizkid; 04-02-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Had a 1950 Land Cruiser back in the 1970's as a daily driver.
                    Dark blue with automatic transmission, and Climatizer
                    Car had a beautiful posh interior and drove and rode like a dream.
                    Another one I wish I could've been able to keep.
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I found my 52 Land cruiser in a old garage a few years ago. It's a pain and fun finding parts for it. Serial number 8253035

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1704514Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1704515
                      sigpic
                      2005 Dodge Magnum
                      1952 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

1950 Studebaker Land Cruiser 4441515. Bahama Mist. Auto Drive.

It is in the midst of restoration...some assembly has taken place...

Scott Surra

Name:	IMG_2483.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1704517

Comment

Brian, I want to echo what others have already said -- don't give up so easily. The '47 thru '52 Land Cruiser is a relatively narrow band of the Studebaker production, so it will most likely take some time to work a list up.

Also remember that only a small percentage of the folks in SDC frequent this forum, so consider other ways of getting your request out - some suggestions might be a letter to Turning Wheels, and also an ad in Turning Wheels. Maybe a post in the Studebaker section on then AACA forum, and there might be some opportunity on the Hemmings site to get the word out also.

Another option is a website that will show up when non-SDC folks do internet searches. It doesn't have to be a complicated website, just enough to show up on Google, Bing, and other search engines.

Good luck on your endeavor
                          Last edited by r1lark; 04-02-2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: spellin'
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

1951 Land Cruiser, body tag HY-5 20731, s/n 8166436

Name:	1951_Studebaker_Commander_Land_Cruiser_r.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1704523

Keep in mind, these posts are like email. If there's a lot of activity, the threads that are less active get pushed along and then to another page where they are less visible. I check the forum once per day, and this is the first time I saw this thread.
                            Mark L

Comment

There are some on Craigslist in Virginia.

https://fredericksburg.craigslist.or...447773949.html

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...494558216.html

Comment

Working...
                              X