Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Fiber Glass C-Cab Fenders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Fiber Glass C-Cab Fenders ?

Saw this question on the STTP. it appears the Glass Front Fenders were dis - continued Years ago,can't be due too lack of interest can it . if I didn't know better,I'd think C-Cabs were/are popular enough too warrant producing them.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

http://www.classglassperformance.com/Stude%20Trk.html
    They have M-series front (and rear) but only C-cab rear. I will keep searching....
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I was never aware of R or C series front fenders in fiberglass. Were they ever?
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

My memory says yes,probably back in the early 80s they were available "pretty sure N/A was a supplier possibly others".

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        I was never aware of R or C series front fenders in fiberglass. Were they ever?
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes, N&A sold fiberglass 49-64 C-cab outer fenders for a while about 30 years ago, though I don't think that they were the manufacturers. I don't know who made them -- maybe the Seebachs? They weren't a very good fit, but better than nothing and were cheap. You had to reuse your original metal inner fenders, just like on the glass 59-60 Lark and Champ front fenders that are still around.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Maybe the poor fit is what killed it,to bad some one didn't re - invent a higher end part.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Dennis Lambert told me he thought the molds were in Coloma MI. Here is a golden opportunity for someone.

JT

Comment

There is a fellow outside of Atlanta that has had front fenders reproduced and includes the inner fender but not the air duct. I don't know anything about C cabs but am guessing these would work. Mold was pulled from a 53 and he is mounting his set on a 58 I think. If anyone in interested let me know and I will get his contact info.

Comment

Working...
                X