Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Very possible that a swap was made along the way Justin,lots of messing around occurred like that.

Originally posted by abkco View Post
    Yes, everything else matches, ("vin", engine, rear end, wheelbase, etc). I mistakenly said Transmission numbers matched in my above post. I meant to say rear end numbers matched. I wonder if someone switched it over to automatic? Very strange.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Does E7-20526, a Black Deluxe Cab, 122 inch wheelbase, 1/2 Ton match the Serial Number and the Truck? I don't see them calling an Automatic a "Three Speed"!

None were Two Speed, or even started in 2nd.
    Yes, everything else matches, ("vin", engine, rear end, wheelbase, etc). I mistakenly said Transmission numbers matched in my above post. I meant to say rear end numbers matched. I wonder if someone switched it over to automatic? Very strange.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Joseph, I have attached the production order. The engine and transmission numbers match. However...the truck is not a 3 speed! I never noticed that before on the order. There is absolutely no evidence that this was a standard. How can this be?[ATTACH=CONFIG]52749[/ATTACH]
    The production order is for a three speed standard transmission. Does everything else on your truck, numbers, etc., match this order?

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I'll post mine when I get it..

Leave a comment:

• doug
    replied
    I just looked at the build sheet I got from Newman & Altman for my '62 1/2 ton and for transmission it just says auto and rear ratio is 4.09

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Does E7-20526, a Black Deluxe Cab, 122 inch wheelbase, 1/2 Ton match the Serial Number and the Truck? I don't see them calling an Automatic a "Three Speed"!

None were Two Speed, or even started in 2nd.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-31-2016, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    My plumber had a 55 Transtar 3/4 ton with I imagine a DG-250. He was also the original owner of my current Power Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Justin, it would be a 3 speed Automatic "first gear start" short tail shaft. if I got any of this wrong the Truck People will correct this.

Joseph, I have attached the production order. The engine and transmission numbers match. However...the truck is not a 3 speed! I never noticed that before on the order. There is absolutely no evidence that this was a standard. How can this be?[ATTACH=CONFIG]52749[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
    Justin, do You know if Engine and Rear are Factory to the Truck - or at least the Rear being Factory ? have any Pics to post.
    Joseph, I have attached the production order. The engine and transmission numbers match. However...the truck is not a 3 speed! I never noticed that before on the order. There is absolutely no evidence that this was a standard. How can this be?Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Pic0014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1704488

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Originally posted by studejohn View Post
    Back in the 80s my dad had a 61 half ton auto 3.73 gears. There wasn't much on the street that could touch it in the 1/8 mile.
    Your dad also had a Packard Hawk. Do you still have it?

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Home of Lazarus and Meshach

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    Originally posted by decappastubbie View Post
    I know the mid 50's trucks with the automatic are rare, a club member here in the Yakima has a 1955 V8 with an automatic.
    Is it a green pickup? Did it come from Olympia?

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Justin, do You know if Engine and Rear are Factory to the Truck - or at least the Rear being Factory ? have any Pics to post.

I have a 63 Champ automatic with a 289 with a 4.09 rear end.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    I have a 63 Champ automatic with a 289 with a 4.09 rear end.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    There is a 57 or 58 Transtar sitting beside a house near here that is a V-8 automatic. The elderly owner priced it to me a few years ago for way more than it was worth. It is not where he lives and I don't think he has seen it in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I've got one.... it looks factory is the only reason I rescued it from the garbage can. Got the paperwork coming from the SNM now.

- - - Updated - - -

There's one in Florida as well that's running. DoublePaddle, you around?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X