53 Commander K at auction in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Commander K at auction in Florida

I know the interior is not correct, what else do you see? Anyone familiar with this car? Scroll down from the Mustang.

http://auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL16&ID=r0194&Order=runorder&feature=&collection=&grouping=&ca tegory=Vehicles

Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Very exciting! Looks very nice (except for the seats). Will be interesting where the price will go ..........

Comment

Beautiful car and I like the color combo. Too rich for my blood though.

Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

After looking at all the fees added to the actual sale price and considering shipping from Florida to WA I think I am out. Nice looking and a color I like.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
          After looking at all the fees added to the actual sale price and considering shipping from Florida to WA I think I am out. Nice looking and a color I like.
          Check you private messages.

Comment

In the description they keep referring to it as a Starliner Coupe. Someone doesn't know what a hardtop looks like.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Today's the day. - ah, sorry, sunday.

Comment

Seems the car has not been sold today - still "on sale"!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                  In the description they keep referring to it as a Starliner Coupe. Someone doesn't know what a hardtop looks like.
                  As an interesting side note, when I looked at a 1952 Starliner, the salesman at American Service Center, called it a "hard top convertible"; because it did not have a B post. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Comment

Beautiful car!

Ken you are old enough to remember that when, what we call "hardtop" today, was originally call "hardtop convertible" when GM first brought them out in 1949. Later the colloquial name was shortened to "hardtop." I am sure that "hardtop" is destined to slip into oblivion the same way phaeton, convertible sedan, coupe, and many other once well known car models have all but disappeared.

Comment

I was at this auction both Sat and Sun as I was one of the drivers. I did not drive this car but one of my Stude club members did drive it. It presented itself very well but did not sell on stage. I was about six cars behind and did not see it go over. I think it was about 5 grand short.

Comment

Originally posted by doublepaddle View Post
                        I was at this auction both Sat and Sun as I was one of the drivers. I did not drive this car but one of my Stude club members did drive it. It presented itself very well but did not sell on stage. I was about six cars behind and did not see it go over. I think it was about 5 grand short.
                        If anyone is interested in the auction car, suggest you first take a look at the 54 Starliner that is for sale in Virginia; it compares favorably with the auction car with the folowing exceptions, virtually every part on the 54 has been replaced, rebuilt, and or overhauled, most bright works are NOS, upholstery is period correct, outer fender shell is fiberglass and it has a 289 engine protected against vapol lock. The auction estimate was 28-32K, with offers now open. If you want to make a detailed comparison of the two cars, google "studebakers forever" as it will be sold to the first reasonable offer. (The other listed cars have been sold)

Comment

Working...
                        X