X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmackenzie
    replied
    Fun to hear.
    I'll be posting soon, in high school I owned a 63 Lark. Last week I saw the exact caw forsale on craigslist. My oldest son will be driving in a a few years, going to fix the car up and he'll soon be driving my high school car.

Leave a comment:

• 61Lark
    replied
    Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
    I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.
    It depends. My son's car seat works with lap belts, it has a dog bone piece that secures the belt to prevent it from loosening. I also know someone that has installed the clips from a newer car so that a car seat can easily be clipped in easier.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Ah, see what happens when one gets old? I just read 'safety laws' prevented the baby from riding in the Champion.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
    I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.
    Some modern car seats are not designed for seat belts, but rather anchor points that the seat hooks to that are built into the seat.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    We have a 5 generation family in our chapter.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Great story!

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    started a topic An other Studebaker generation

An other Studebaker generation

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/li...s-man-20160321

Robert Kapteyn
Working...
X