'63 cruisers? Who has them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 cruisers? Who has them?

just like to know,how many members have a 1963 to 1966 cruiser and what year you have. thanks in advance.

63 cruiser, undergoing resto to a clean driver condition. white with blue interior

Comment

Daughter has a '63 Cruiser. R 2+ cam, .060" over, lots of chrome, Edelbrock carb, 200 trans, 3.73 rear with flanged axles, new Rose Mist paint, Cragers, etc., etc. Would post pictures if I knew how.

Ted

Comment

I have a 1965 Cruiser that was purchased new by my uncle from Morton Studebaker in Omaha, Nebraska. It has the original engine that has been slightly modified. It has been lowered 2" , received a rear away bar and an oversized front sway bar, quick steering arms and Turner front disc brakes. Before the South Bend IM the hope is the car will receive new paint (original Laurintinen green), refurbished interior and rear disc brakes.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

None now and to many in the past to try and post, always a nice car, couple of the best I ever owned was a 66 and a pair of 63's and all went out of the country.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I was almost the owner of a 1963 Cruiser, Green Mist paint with the green brocade interior. What a beautiful well equipped car! Power steering, power disc brakes, automatic trans, tinted glass, and air conditioner.
            I came down with the flu the day before I was to purchase it, by the time I recovered, the car was gone. Always regret missing out on that car!
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I had a '63 Cruiser as a daily driver for years. But no more. It was all black with a Chestnut interior. Wonderful car!
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-047S.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	170436066 Cruiser 283/auto, wire wheel covers, all original but tires and battery with 26,000 miles.
                63 Cruiser R1, HD auto, disc brakes, 3:31 posi, AC, PS, tinted windows. Rose mist, it's in the paint booth now.Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-036S.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1704359Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-037S.JPG
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1704418
                Painted the 63 today hope to have it all done for the May Orphan Drags.
                Last edited by joncon; 03-27-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I have a '63 Cruiser. It's the best running, driving, most comfortable of my three.
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I have a '64 Cruiser R1, A/T on column, manual steering, drum brakes, TT, Astra White with black vinyl interior. I assume it was ordered new by a CASO with a lead foot. I bought it from the original owner who is a farmer. It was sold new by Foley Motors, Harrisonburg, VA. Although it is restorable I consider it a parts car because the business case for restoring a four door is pretty bad. The '63 Cruiser, though, is my favorite Cruiser, although the '61 is a close second. One of my Studebaker fantasies is to restore a '59-60 long-wheelbase taxi or police Lark as a "Cruiser," which I think Studebaker should have built. Just my $0.02.
                    -Dwight FitzSimons

Comment

I have a 64 Cruiser with Laguna blue interior. Ordered new with bucket seats, has ac and power steering. Will add flanged rear axles. Right now just waking on a n engine rebuild.

Love it!

Mark

Comment

In the early 1990s I had a 63 Cruiser and, per the log book I still have, drove it 8500 miles. I rebuilt the motor with .040" OS pistons, I got off Mr. Snurley in Colorado, via mail order. When they arrived, I called him because they looked to be higher compression, but he insisted they were regular 289 pistons. Clearly they were different from the ones that came out of it, but I installed them anyway. The motor ran very well and peppy with those pistons, whatever they were. The car was also an excellent driver, overall.

Comment

Painted My R1 63 Cruiser today. Hope to have it all done by the May Orphan Drags. Rose Mist, the color looks off in the Pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-036S.JPG
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1704419Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-037S.JPG
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1704420Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-038S.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1704422
                          Last edited by joncon; 03-27-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1704423 Karel Staple Chapter Member George Newhouse with his Cruiser.
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

....a 66 is on my bucket list.
                              Lou Van Anne
                              62 Champ
                              64 R2 GT Hawk
                              79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                              X