A Trip Thriugh the Studebaker Factory 1950 edition; 68 page book on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trip Thriugh the Studebaker Factory 1950 edition; 68 page book on Ebay

In the event you might have an interest. Note over 70 photos. http://www.ebay.com/itm/121927070631

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1750619
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

"The best of times," Dick.

As many cars and trucks as they were building that year, I'm surprised they had the spare manpower to publish such a document! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      "The best of times," Dick.

As many cars and trucks as they were building that year, I'm surprised they had the spare manpower to publish such a document! BP
      Is that the booklet where you and your cousin studied all the photos, and staked out places to hide within the plant when you and George got 'lost' on those tours in later years??!?

Craig

Comment

Did they publish the same booklet with different pictures for different years?

Comment

I snagged it from eBay - always a treat to get more interesting literature from the "Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            Did they publish the same booklet with different pictures for different years?
            Indeed they did. Here are some of the others showing years, pages etc. You may wish to see my 3 page Almanac column in TW (July 1998) for a more comprehensive article (page 1 below).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	trip thru factory almanac1.jpg
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	1704392Click image for larger version

Name:	composite forum.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1704391

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
            I snagged it from eBay - always a treat to get more interesting literature from the "Wheel"
            It is on the way!
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Speaking of 1950 literature-- anyone have an available copy of the "Inside Facts" publication from that year? I just missed getting one at York. There are a couple on eBay, but they're much, much more expensive than the York one, which was, the dealer thought, $125.

Comment

Should have bought the one at York! I have a few extra but the '50, if in good to excl condition, would sell for more than $150.
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                  Should have bought the one at York! I have a few extra but the '50, if in good to excl condition, would sell for more than $150.
                  It wasn't a matter of deciding to think about it and missing out as a result. I saw other years and asked about '50 and the dealer said he'd just sold the only one he had, and to get a sense of pricing I inquired how much it had sold for. I might be willing to pay more than $150, though I don't know how much more.

Comment

Is this it? Only $29!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-STUDEBA...p2047675.l2557

Comment

[QUOTE=studefan;980525]Is this it? Only $29!

Yes, that's it. Too bad, a very rough specimen. Just depends on what you are looking for.
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

And it's already sold, darn it. I admit the degree of fading to the cover of that one was pretty bad, though I'd probably have bought it just for the content and replaced it with a nicer one at the right moment.

Comment

The seller of another one just listed at $200 accepted my $125 offer (with one page slightly loose, I'm told, so not perfect). So, all good.

Comment

Working...
                          X