Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjanowia
    replied
    No reason you can't go early and have an unofficial meet extension. Plenty to do in the area to keep people busy.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
    Needed Gas...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52260[/ATTACH]
    So that's where I can redeem all of my old S&H Green Stamps, Thx - Bob

Leave a comment:

• jeds55
    replied
    Along The Way

Needed Gas...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0798.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1704235Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0808.jpg
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1704236Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0809.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1704237Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0810.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1704238Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0816.jpg
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1704239Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0803.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1704243Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0833.jpg
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1704240Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0837.jpg
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1704241Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0839.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1704242

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Originally posted by jeds55 View Post
    For me it's all about the journey....in a 60+ year old car I continue to look for the roads less traveled...getting there is a experience all it's own...being there is only part of the fun....finding a different way home is another new opportunity to see new and different sights....
    I'm always amazed at the people I meet while stopping for gas...the stories they have about old cars (stories sometimes even with Studebaker content)...The directions I get to hole in the wall eateries...or...beautiful out of the way State/County parks...It's a big country..there's a lot to see...and to top it off there's a Studebaker car gathering in the middle of trip.....Things always look better when viewed through the windshield of a Studebaker...
    jeds55, I certainly agree with you. Some of our Eastern North Carolina Chapter caravaned together to Dover and to the last IM in South Bend. It was a blast. We are planning another caravan to South Bend in 2017. We to mostly stay off of major highways and hit the back roads and the small towns along the way.

Leave a comment:

• jeds55
    replied
    For me it's all about the journey....in a 60+ year old car I continue to look for the roads less traveled...getting there is a experience all it's own...being there is only part of the fun....finding a different way home is another new opportunity to see new and different sights....
    I'm always amazed at the people I meet while stopping for gas...the stories they have about old cars (stories sometimes even with Studebaker content)...The directions I get to hole in the wall eateries...or...beautiful out of the way State/County parks...It's a big country..there's a lot to see...and to top it off there's a Studebaker car gathering in the middle of the trip.....Things always look better when viewed through the windshield of a Studebaker...
    Last edited by jeds55; 03-13-2016, 06:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    I know several folks who sent in the survey ( myself included) and stated they were not in favor of a four day meet. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    4 days is fine, if they cram it all in.... I just won't sleep those 4 days!

Can you say NODOZE

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Duane, good point - as that input was encouraged.

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    EVERYONE in the SDC had a chance to comment on the questionnaire before during and after the meet in St. Louis. That questionnaire is being acted upon to the best of the organizations abilities. If the "silent majority" did not speak up, that is their prerogative. I, personally,
    am hoping for the best & will continue to attend every meet I can (time and finances permitting).

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    EVERYONE in the SDC had a chance to comment on the questionnaire before during and after the meet in St. Louis. That questionnaire is being acted upon to the best of the organizations abilities. If the "silent majority" did not speak up, that is their prerogative. I, personally,
    am hoping for the best & will continue to attend every meet I can (time and finances permitting).

Leave a comment:

• Xcalibur
    replied
    No matter what they do it will NOT please everyone.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
    And it's about time....
    One man's opinion. I have heard more people say that they will not drive for four or more days (round trip) for a convention that will only last for four days.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    And it's about time....

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Actually more like 4. See this thread:
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rnational-Meet

Leave a comment:

• Steve-o-Reno
    started a topic SDC International Meets

SDC International Meets

Are they shortening the International meets to 5 days starting with South Bend??
Working...
X