X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
    Did anyone get a picture of that Avanti with the odd rear quarter windows?
    The 2017 meet hasn't happened yet, so I assume you mean the one from the 2016 Meet last week?
    Photos of that can be found here~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...492#post999492

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Did anyone get a picture of that Avanti with the odd rear quarter windows?

Leave a comment:

• ndynis
    replied
    My thanks to Denny, Stu, and the others who continue to point out that we should be thankful that the Michiana Chapter is willing and able to put on an International meet. It has to be a huge undertaking which requires thousands of man hours to accomplish. I just feel lucky that there are still enough folks remaining that are willing to make that commitment. Thanks to you all!

I attended my first International last year in St. Louis, after trying to make the four prior to it, and had a great time and made several new member friends. Having only had the one experience I welcome the new format. It did seem to me the meet dragged a little in St. Louis. Perhaps it was because I don't have all of the old friendships to try and renew each year which require time to accomplish but I, for one, look forward to SB and the new format whenever it occurs.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Call it what you want , it's still just the May swap meet

Leave a comment:

• 63avanti.
    replied
    I am planning to make the trip. Will be my first studebaker meet, and hopefully the Lark will make it...

Whether it's hot or cold we will make the best of it and support the Studebaker name and club!

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Schools in this area go until near the end of June. Our local schools were out just a couple of days before this year's Warwick Convention. Conventions during the school year not only affects students but also teachers that probably can not take a few days off at the end of the school year.

I have been told that May was selected due to availability of the fairgrounds. How about having the concours some place else, such as; Bendix Park (that has a Studebaker connection)?
    Gary, Bendix Park is a good suggestion, however there is no facility there to house the swap meet, which seems to be the current requirement. By the way, your homeward driving directions were great. No problems at all. Thanks.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    And then again, anything in the summer months mean the people from Australia will have their kids in school!
    Schools in this area go until near the end of June. Our local schools were out just a couple of days before this year's Warwick Convention. Conventions during the school year not only affects students but also teachers that probably can not take a few days off at the end of the school year.

I have been told that May was selected due to availability of the fairgrounds. How about having the concours some place else, such as; Bendix Park (that has a Studebaker connection)?

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Why are some acting like its a jail sentence to pull their kids out of school for a week or so? To me, its the most lame excuse I've ever heard to say they can't attend a meet because of that!

I have seen instances where school kids have missed a week where the parents have taken them on vacation trips, and instances of illness on the student's part forcing them to remain home or temporarily in a hospital if its serious. They can catch up with their schoolwork if need be.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    And then again, anything in the summer months mean the people from Australia will have their kids in school!

Leave a comment:

• Silverplate
    replied
    I look forward to attending my first meet next May!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I had not heard that before, but if it is true it's MORE than a Big Mistake, it's a Disaster!

I wonder how many Members Tippecanoe Place can accommodate, that's where I'd be!

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    My wife and I also think having no Banquet is a Huge mistake

Leave a comment:

• 56Golden
    replied
    There has been a huge Studebaker meet in South Bend in the month of May for the past 35 consecutive years! Why on earth should 2017 be any different?

Maybe we should have a specific "SDC Forum" where we all can chat about this 2017 SDC IM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by gordr View Post
    Take the kids out of school for the necessary few days, and tell the school it's for a trip of a historical nature. True enough, right? You could even perhaps get their history teacher or whatever teacher is applicable to assign them to write a report on their trip. So they could "pay" for their days off.
    I have successfully done that before with my kids. No problem with the school system here in Kentucky. They will grant "excused absences" if the request addresses art and historical significance. That is an easy write up, in making a connection with Studebakers & South Bend

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Take the kids out of school for the necessary few days, and tell the school it's for a trip of a historical nature. True enough, right? You could even perhaps get their history teacher or whatever teacher is applicable to assign them to write a report on their trip. So they could "pay" for their days off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X