Packard Hawk on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk on ebay

Just found a solid looking Packard Hawk hiding in the Packard category. Not much time left, only a day or two remaining. If I were the seller I would have posted it in the Studebaker list, but anyhow if you're looking for what appears to be a nice project, check it out. I have no affiliation with the car or the seller.
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Gold...m=222010544983

good grief! $189,999 as a buy it now ???? Must be part of a trial drug program!!

Here's another on the right coast that could be more sane in price if it is nice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Hawk...m=301861358569
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the project car, not the extremely priced one... your reference reminds me of the fellow in the Knoxville area? that has had his Golden Hawk for sale for $225,000... and it's been for sale for months, maybe years... Huh? Wouldn't you think that someone who has that much money available for play-cars might be smart enough to know how (or how NOT to) spend it? Usually it takes some level of intelligence to make that kind of money!
      1950 Commander Land Cruiser
      1951 Champion Business Coupe
      1951 Commander Starlight
      1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
      1953 Champion Starlight
      1953 Commander Starliner
      1953 2R5
      1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
      1957 Silver Hawk
      1957 3E5 Pick-Up
      1959 Silver Hawk
      1961 Hawk
      1962 Cruiser 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
      1965 Cruiser
      1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Gold...m=222010544983

good grief! $189,999 as a buy it now ???? Must be part of a trial drug program!!

Here's another on the right coast that could be more sane in price if it is nice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Hawk...m=301861358569
        Dealer must be part of a drug program as a user! He refers to the car as a Packard GOLDEN HAWK SPORT. Wow!

Stu Chapman

Comment

It seems he is relying on the "snob" appeal of the Packard name and reputation as fine examples of classic automobiles. This car is exactly like the one that is featured in Hemming Classic magazine. Reckon it's the same one? I don't have the magazine in front of me, and I don't remember where that one is located.

Comment

Amazing how many of the Packard Hawks survived! They keep up showing up in all conditions.
            Shame they sheet metaled screwed the replacement radio face plate on the project car through the dash panel.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The Packard Golden Hawk was at Barrett on 2 different auctions and made it to 80K both times and didn't make seller's reserve. I sent him an IM to correct his add, along with most recent Hagerty value guide. However he must have blown me off. The other looks like a very good project car. Most recently one Auctioned at Barrett Scottsdale for $95,700. I remember as a kid no one wanted the Packard Hawk - boy have times changed!
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

I am impressed with the level of DETAIL on this Packard Hawk, it HAS to be THE BEST one in the World!

I mean, have you ever seen a better one? or seen one with Gold INSIDE the Tailpipes?

The Engine appears to have only maybe been started, never actually Run, the heat ports still have the wrong Color; Blue instead of Silver, Paint on them!

The Engine and Valve Cover Colors are the only flaw I saw except the Wrong Exhaust Tips and the under hood Trans. Filler, and considering the original looking condition of the rest of the Car, the Engine Paint is a Really BIG mistake!

Click image for larger version

Name:	$189,000 Hawk4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1703674 Click image for larger version

Name:	$190,000 Hawk5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1703675
                This one IS worth every bit of $100,000.00, but almost 200,000.00, I don't think so.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 02-06-2016, 11:17 AM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

By the looks of their other adds at the bottom of the page looks like they are all way out of line.

Comment

Well, I have to differ with you, Bird, on "no one wanted a Packard Hawk" if you were young like me back in the 1960's. One day I was in my home town of South Bend as a newspaper boy/carrier, a customer bought a used Packard Hawk probably in 1965 or 1966. I remember going to collect the regular weekly subscription fee of fifty cents and this guy probably in his thirties who normally had very flashy and clean cars in the driveway had just purchased a Packard Hawk. As I walked up the driveway I greeted him and complimented him on his beautiful car. I was surprised when he said thanks but do you think I paid too much at $3340.00? First of all, I had no idea if he got a fair price, but I when I walked away I was thinking that at $3340.00 he paid close to new retail and that probably someone else questioned him about paying too much on that Packard.

Comment

Most of them were loaded with enough Options to put them pretty close to Cadillac territory, of $4500.00 to $5000.00 New.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-05-2016, 01:23 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                        It seems he is relying on the "snob" appeal of the Packard name and reputation as fine examples of classic automobiles. This car is exactly like the one that is featured in Hemming Classic magazine. Reckon it's the same one? I don't have the magazine in front of me, and I don't remember where that one is located.
                        I thought it was too but I just checked the magazine and it is not the same car.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          I am impressed with the level of DETAIL on this Packard Hawk, it HAS to be THE BEST one in the World!

I mean, have you ever seen a better one? or seen one with Gold INSIDE the Tailpipes?

The Engine appears to have only maybe been started, never actually Run, the heat ports still have the wrong Color; Blue instead of Silver, Paint on them!

The Engine and Valve Cover Colors are the only flaw I saw except the Wrong Exhaust Tips and the under hood Trans. Filler, and considering the original looking condition of the rest of the Car, the Engine Paint is a Really BIG mistake!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51213[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]51214[/ATTACH] This one IS worth every bit of $100,000.00, but almost 200,000.00, I don't think so.
                          "Level of detail"?.........apparently, you missed seeing the pictures Brian (packardHawk58) posted of his recently completed restoration Rich!

Comment

Thanks Ed for the comment! That P.H up on stands looks a good deal to me, amazing how solid it is considering it is on the East Coast.
                            I could nit pick that Black car to pieces but what's the point! It's not like I am going to buy it but it is good that they are throwing these big prices out there!
                            Golden Hawks are bringing good money as well, it about time they got the recognition they deserved.
                            Brian Greenall
                            Melbourne, OZ
                            sigpic

Comment

on the 2nd one: the first thing i'd have to do is replace the trunk lid with the correct one. i wonder if there are any available. Currently at $11K with Reserve met, it may make someone a nice project.
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X