HELP - Roof Drip Rail Trim Piece Needed, 55-58 President Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Roof Drip Rail Trim Piece Needed, 55-58 President Classic

I just discovered after painting the roof (Midnight Blue) that my car was missing the small (1.25) inch piece of the drip rail trim joining the front curved trim to the side trim, located just above the front wing window. Common on all 55-58 President Classics (State Sedan on 55 ?) May be available in S.I. Catalog, I haven't looked. Any help appreciated. Photos attached. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05511-2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1750325Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05511-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1750326
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Noticed mine on my Hawk was missing last fall but was lucky enough to find it inside the drip rail. Must have knocked it off with the buffer when polishing. I put a drop of trim glue on it when reinstalling so it won't happen again. I'm guessing they are the same on any C bodied car and I'll bet Bob at candbstudebakers has a grundle of them on his parts cars.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look up Bob. I'm from Great Falls, grades 1-12, GFHS 1957. A maternal cousin moved back there. Our mothers born there 1917 and 1920.
      sigpic
      Jack, in Montana

Comment

I have 3 of them , found them in the desk after we talked.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          I have 3 of them , found them in the desk after we talked.
          Great, Bob. I could use one. I was going to order from S.I. a floor cover for the master cylinder and a 2nd cover in the trunk for the gas gauge sender. If you have all, please let me know what you want for them by PM and I will send a check. Otherwise just send me the spacer for the drip rail trim. I don't recall talking to you by phone, but I left a voice mail after I talked to your mother at home. Thanks.
          Last edited by jnfweber; 02-04-2016, 09:56 AM.
          sigpic
          Jack, in Montana

Comment

It would have been nice if you had talked to my mother since she passed away in 1995 but it was my wife and you must have got her from a sound sleep and she sound older when that happens, I won't tell you what you said, call me on my cell if you want 510-266-2522...Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X