No announcement yet.

New, reproduction grill bezels for 1953-54 Studebaker from Classic Enterprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, reproduction grill bezels for 1953-54 Studebaker from Classic Enterprises

I saw the ad in the latest copy of Turning Wheels and I copied the following text from Classic Enterprises website http://www.classicent.com/studebaker/coupes-hawks

COMING SOON----High quality grill surround bezels in HIGH LUSTER CHROME---- We will soon have an exceptional reproduction available for you at a price that will be competitive with the cost of having your originals repaired, finished and plated. Our advantage over a re-chromer is the reliability of a predictable delivery time and the chance to examine our product and return for a refund if not satisfied. We expect that a limited production run will exist. It might therefore be best that you anticipate your need and sign up early for an introductory offer discount and more information. (We do not expect you to pre-order) Give us a call at (715-537-5422) for details.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Wish they would repro '62, '63 and '64 GT grill shells. Probably won't though since each year was slightly different.....

Comment

That is Great News, glad to hear that high demand item will become available again.

The Grille Surround Mouldings should be a good seller because unlike the Grille Bars, the minor difference should be able to be made universal for both '53 and '54 C & K Models.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
        Wish they would repro '62, '63 and '64 GT grill shells. Probably won't though since each year was slightly different.....
        62's maybe but the 63 and 64 are not that hard to come by in fact I just sent a 63 car to Indiana and put 3-4 sets in just to get rid of them and not have to scrap them.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I have seen plenty of '62s and '63s, but most of 'em were distorted from over torquing the mounting bolts, had pits or spider cracks in the chrome or had been rechromed by a shop that messed up the Hawk inset. My Hawk isn't a show car so I was able to find a pretty decent driver quality grill shell for it but it wasn't easy.

Comment

Thats great. I hope they do the same for chrome headlight bezels.
            I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
              Thats great. I hope they do the same for chrome headlight bezels.
              Are you talking about the readily available '53 to '62 Chrome Headlight Rims 1312088W?
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Are the '53 and '54 sedan sized grille shells any easier to find on the NOS market?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Brent. CE was so helpful when I built the 55. My next project will be a 53/54 and these guys are great.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                    Are the '53 and '54 sedan sized grille shells any easier to find on the NOS market?
                    Of course the '54 Wagon/Sedan Grille Mouldings and Bars are, a LOT easier to find than C & K's, but after this many years still not EASY.

Even though a lot more '53 Sedans were built, they and their Grilles seem to be long gone.
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Are you talking about the readily available '53 to '62 Chrome Headlight Rims 1312088W?

Yes, where can I find them?

sigpic

Comment

Studebaker International has them: 99$ each.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't know how I missed that but I did.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
                            Studebaker International has them: 99$ each.

I can't seem to locate those. Do you, by any chance, have an item number?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

I can't seem to locate those. Do you, by any chance, have an item number?

Page 202 of the SI catalog. Item 1312088W, $99 each.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X