• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Wagon on EBAY

Looks like a buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...tWrkLb&vxp=mtr
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Ad says "some rust" but none visible. Looks like it was originally Bermuda Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
      Ad says "some rust" but none visible. Looks like it was originally Bermuda Brown.
      Check the tail gate, Rich...and it looks like it has already been repaired once. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I see the tailgate Bob but my names not Rich
        Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Check the tail gate, Rich...and it looks like it has already been repaired once. BP

Comment

Also huge rust hole under gas filler at bottom of left rear fender. Also drivers door has bubbles.

Mark

Comment

Its 20 minutes away in my backyard if anyone needs a looksee.
            sals54

Comment

Sal,

Pm sent

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                I see the tailgate Bob but my names not Rich
                Sorry, Mike. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I made contact with seller. We will get together after work today or tomorrow.
                  sals54

Comment

Thanks Sal.

Mark

Comment

What a nicely optioned Wagonaire! Even has the rarely seen third row seat.
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

If it's not too bad underneath, it's probably worth the $4000 BIN to use as a daily driver.

Four grand doesn't buy you much today in the modern used car market.
                        Dan Peterson
                        Montpelier, VT
                        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

No call from the owner tonight. We'll wait for tomorrow and see if he calls. He did not leave his number.
                          sals54

Comment

I left my number for him again. If he does not call, there's not much more I can do.
                            sals54

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                              What a nicely optioned Wagonaire! Even has the rarely seen third row seat.
                              Also appears to have split recliner front seats. The big dent in the tailgate could probably be mostly taken care of by using the plumber plunger "Pull" trick. The lower tailgate skin has problems but nothing that couldn't be overcome with a little skill and patience.

The biggest problem I see here, is the ad. More effort in providing details, of the unique features, could generate greater excitement and interest, along with corresponding pictures. It could pay off, big time, in higher bids. If I were one to get excited by station wagons, this could be a very worthwhile project. However, due to the way the ad is presented, few, except us Stude nuts, will take the time to look.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X