Avanti R6Grand National Roadster Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti R6Grand National Roadster Show

This was at the current Roadster show this weekend. Very nice car with very cool modifications. Not for purist, though.

Bob CaserClick image for larger version

Name:	20160130_123350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1750298Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_123258.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1750299Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_123543.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1750300Click image for larger version

Name:	20160130_123249.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1750301
    Attached Files
    mrbobinc

It looks like some great work...not necessarily to my liking but that's certainly ok. I would love having that LS under the hood of my '70.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Really nice job reworking the inner fender skirts on this Avanti....completely different from stock, but still 'factory' looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        It looks like some great work...not necessarily to my liking but that's certainly ok. I would love having that LS under the hood of my '70.
        Watch for the winter/spring edition of Avanti Magazine, with feature of another '63 Avanti with LS3 engine.... and much closer to stock too.
        Lew Schucart
        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

I watched two guys arguing about this car being a "race car".
          Because of the wheels, it "was" a race car one said...back and forth, back and forth.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
            I watched two guys arguing about this car being a "race car".
            Because of the wheels, it "was" a race car one said...back and forth, back and forth.

Mike
            I try not to listen to conversations while attending shows. While people are enjoying themselves at car shows some are not knot knowledgeable of what they are looking at.
            Bob Caser
            mrbobinc

Comment

Cool. Is the plate British Columbia? Just answered my own question. On the display placard I saw Laurie Peterson's name and he is an old pal. He did a bitchin' 53 Lowboy a number of years ago. Very nice workmanship.
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Caser View Post
                I try not to listen to conversations while attending shows. While people are enjoying themselves at car shows some are not knot knowledgeable of what they are looking at.
                Bob Caser
                Well said, thanks for the post Bob, Very much the soul of Gene Robbs SS framed Avanti. If they appreciate the car and it's mods then we Avanti guys are the winners no matter the stories it takes to get there.
                , ,

Comment

Sure they were not saying "rice" car ?

Other than the circus wagon wheels, I like the exterior just fine.

Comment

Very nice car with a lot of dollars spent. Would like to see it person. Thanks for posting.
                    Mike
                    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Yep, he coulda saved a ton of cash by leaving those Wheels where they belong, in the Store!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                      X