Parts for a 245 six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for a 245 six

I have a '60 champ with a 245 six and overdrive in it. The engine is tired and the OverDrive needs rebuilding. However, one of the issues with the engine is a cracked head. Currently, it doesn't seem to have too very much effect on the engine as it runs just fine in hot weather. However the engine is really quite tired and could use refreshing. I figured it was time to start gathering the necessary items to rebuild this engine so does anyone have a good head lying around for a 245?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Yes. I do.

Comment

as of a couple years ago SI still had NOS heads for trucks but not cars. I used on of the truck head on a car, only difference is a light lower CR. Depending upon the where the crack is it might be repairable.

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
      I have a '60 champ with a 245 six and overdrive in it. The engine is tired and the OverDrive needs rebuilding. However, one of the issues with the engine is a cracked head. Currently, it doesn't seem to have too very much effect on the engine as it runs just fine in hot weather. However the engine is really quite tired and could use refreshing. I figured it was time to start gathering the necessary items to rebuild this engine so does anyone have a good head lying around for a 245?

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0116.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1703577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0115.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1703578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0114.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1703579 here is what I have, one bolt broken off, but I believe it's repairable

Comment

Originally posted by nwi-region-rat View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51046[/ATTACH] here is what I have, one bolt broken off, but I believe it's repairable
          That's a head?
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks anyway Paul, I have good manifolds. It's the top of the engine, in this case, being that it's a flathead, where the sparkplugs screw in.
            Ron Smith

Comment

No, no, it's not a head...not even close....WTF was I thinking....I thought someone asked for an exhaust manifold...

SO......

Yes, I have a good 245 head.....I can figure out somehow to ship it... make me an offer

Comment

Well, I know the topic is not Commander 6 exhaust manifold, but since one was pictured - it should be noted that the later truck engines had a three studs at the exhaust flange connection rather than two as pictured. Just something to remember if you are looking for a Commander 6 exhaust manifold.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what to offer you. Just let me know what you would like to have for it and I'll figure out between that and Greyhound if it's do-able for me. If you don't want anyone else knowing your location, do please P.M. me.
                  Ron Smith

Comment

I'll weigh it and see what it will cost to ship...do you have a preferred shipper?

Comment

Use Greyhound. I just shipped a 55 pound radiator to Sun Valley Nv. for 80.00. R&L truck lines wanted $235.00.

Comment

fedex is the best deal for a head
                        Barry'd in Studes

Comment

FedEx would be nice as they will deliver to my work. Greyhound would be okay if they're less expensive. Whichever is easier and costs less.
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

FedEx would be nice as they will deliver to my work. Greyhound would be okay if they're less expensive. Whichever is easier and costs less.
                            Greyhound will cost you a bit more. The advantage of bus express is when you have a relatively light, but over-sized item in which FedEx & UPS would give you a massive oversize charge.
                            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

?yeah, well then FedEx is more convenient anyway.
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X