Six Cyl 64 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Cyl 64 GT Hawk

If you want one, check out Hemmings online today....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Interesting car. Here's the link - http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...k/1805071.html

Chris.

Comment

Interesting, yes... but, UGH.
      sals54

Comment

Bet that's kind of a gutless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          Bet that's kind of a gutless wonder.
          I was thinking the same thing...but she is a good looker!
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

It will drive all the authenticity judges crazy.

Craig

Comment

Last edited by christophe; 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

If my recollections are correct, here are some thoughts. There is no hood ornament; I believe we shipped these separately so they didn't break off in transit. The deck lid crest is tri-color; I remember these being all white background on export models. Not sure if the outside mirror is correct. Since it's a six cylinder I think it should have been exported from Canada. Just recollections. Any thoughts from the rest of you?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  If my recollections are correct, here are some thoughts. There is no hood ornament; I believe we shipped these separately so they didn't break off in transit. The deck lid crest is tri-color; I remember these being all white background on export models. Not sure if the outside mirror is correct. Since it's a six cylinder I think it should have been exported from Canada. Just recollections. Any thoughts from the rest of you?
                  I didn't think there were any 1964 Hawks produced in Hamilton at all. And a rather high number, like 13% of 1964 Hawks were export models. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...awk-in-Belgium

Craig

Comment

It's bad enough to pay a high price for the car, but the shipping must be very expensive.
                    I do know that 6 cyl. Hawks were earmarked for Europe. I appreciate Stu's assessment of the car.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Well, according to the history given by the seller, the car was first delivered to Switzerland as confirmed by the sticker on the rear bumper. I'd be interested in getting a better look at the badges on the trunk lid. Too bad it wasnt equipted with a floorshift four speed. An interested piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                        Not sure if the outside mirror is correct. Since it's a six cylinder I think it should have been exported from Canada.Stu Chapman
                        I noticed that d'Ieteren assembled GT Hawks featured some different components from their US counterparts. The outside mirror is one of them with the scuff plates, the horns and the wheels. There are certainly other ones that I haven't noticed yet. My 63 has a transparent deck lid crest with a golden Hawk. With the serial number, the car is still traceable at D'Ieteren's.
                        sigpic

Comment

I believe that there were only 224 six cylinder Hawks built.

There was a spring loaded (safety) circle S hood ornament. It is my understanding that these were for export models. I am now sold out of them, but others may have them.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

At least the passenger side door, interior emblem is correct. Interesting seat belt latching mechanism on the rear quarter panel
                            Peter Bishop

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              There was a spring loaded (safety) circle S hood ornament. It is my understanding that these were for export models. I am now sold out of them, but others may have them.
                              I wonder if they bothered with those on Hawks in the countries where it was required. Unless there was a different part number for the grille surround on cars where a spring-loaded hood ornament was to be fitted, it would take quite a bit of effort to carefully make the required slot on the top of it; considering a 1964 grille surround was a 'reworked' 1963 shell which made the casting thicker in that area.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X