Century Club Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century Club Pins

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about the Studebaker Century Pins. My great grandfather owned a dealership and these were passed down from him to me. Anyone know what the diamonds would represent?

Thanks!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pins.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1750276

Just a guess. They were probably part of the 100 year anniversary of Studebaker in 1952. I'll bet Richard or Bob will know.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ryan,
      These pinbacks were introduced by the Studebaker Corporation to its Dealer network salesmen around 1960 to help generate increased car sales. With the square style Century Club a salesman would have to generate 500 points through his sales to receive the pin. If he managed the same sales effort over the next year he would have a diamond added to the pin like yours. A similar scale was used with the round Century Club style. That looks like you have 7 diamonds in that pin suggesting the original owner was a great salesman over the years. There is also a "50" Century Club pin.
      In my Studebaker memorabilia I have a Century Club pin with 3 diamonds & also the square type with no diamond. Trust this helps with your question.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Thanks for the information!!!! That was exactly what I was looking for. These will certainly stay with my family....but now I know what they represent. Thanks again for the history lesson!

Comment

Working...
        X