Studebaker Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Smoker?

I seem to remember a few years back that a fellow had converted a Studebaker into a BBQ grill/smoker, but cannot find any images of it. I'm sure it was featured here?

Craig??
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Speaking of my own Studebaker, it smokes a lot! I covered the rust holes with nicotine patches, but it just doesn't quit.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I don't recall the smoker but I do recall an outdoor theater that featured three Studebaker hind halves for the seating.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Not a smoker, but a mobile wood burner pizza truck...
        http://www.rollingstonebaker.com/

Neighbor had a garden wedding and had them cater for the guests rather than CBS ( chicken beef sausage) Close enough to SB, maybe they should be part of the 2017 Nationals

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
          I seem to remember a few years back that a fellow had converted a Studebaker into a BBQ grill/smoker, but cannot find any images of it. I'm sure it was featured here?

Craig??
          Google Carbque

http://www.carbques.com/

Car-B-Que's

818-636-3796
          Email: carbques@carbques.com
          Palmdale, CA

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Google Carbque
            That's it, Jeff... I googled a lot of options, never thought of "Carbque." I'm sharing this on facebook, there's a wizzin' contest going over there regarding this project:
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Jeff, you got home from work before I did!

Here is the Forum thread on it showing its construction---------> http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...?52166-Car-b-q!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                That's it, Jeff... I googled a lot of options, never thought of "Carbque." I'm sharing this on facebook, there's a wizzin' contest going over there regarding this project:
                I just watched this show last night on the DVR. The new version of American Restoration, Bodie Stroud and guys in the shop took a Chapter Presidents car and made what you see. Harold? Many mentions of SDC within the episode.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X