Lost title service- service or scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost title service- service or scam?

Here's an eBay ad for a "title service", and I'm not sure I can figure out if what they're offering is viable, let alone worth the money...

http://cgi.ebay.com/lost-title-no-pr...QQcmdZViewItem

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Probably legit, but why use any service other than long-standing Broadway Title for lost or unavailable collector-car titles? Broadway has been around forever and knows all the ins and outs. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Probably legit, but why use any service other than long-standing Broadway Title for lost or unavailable collector-car titles? Broadway has been around forever and knows all the ins and outs. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Save the $150 and have a SDC member in Alabama buy your car for $1.00, then make out a bill of sale from his address in Alabama to sell it back to you and get a title. (That's all the title service does.)

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Save the $150 and have a SDC member in Alabama buy your car for $1.00, then make out a bill of sale from his address in Alabama to sell it back to you and get a title. (That's all the title service does.)

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

The word in Ohio is that Ohio no longer accepts the Alabama proxy titles. I've not heard this from State People, but from collectors.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars3.jpg[/img=left]
            Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe
            '55 President State Sedan Project
            '60 Lark VI (Now on the market)
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All Indiana built cars

Comment

The word in Ohio is that Ohio no longer accepts the Alabama proxy titles. I've not heard this from State People, but from collectors.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars3.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe
              '55 President State Sedan Project
              '60 Lark VI (Now on the market)
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

Broadway titles lists the states that don't except them.

JDP/Maryland
                63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                spent to date $54664,75
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,439.30
                63 Lark 2 door
                52 Starliner
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Broadway titles lists the states that don't except them.

JDP/Maryland
                  63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                  spent to date $54664,75
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,439.30
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  52 Starliner
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have never done it myself but have a friend who has used Broadway twice with no problems. I would think, if your state doesn't accept them, you could have someone title them to another state and then transfer same.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have never done it myself but have a friend who has used Broadway twice with no problems. I would think, if your state doesn't accept them, you could have someone title them to another state and then transfer same.
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I think JP means Broadway lists the states that do not accept them [their Alabama paperwork], as opposed to those that do not except them!

Yes, Ohio has become a real PITA, from what I understand. And, yes, Broadway will tell you up front if you live in a state that will not accept Broadway's work, so you don't waste either their time or yours, and your money. Their website is informative. I've never heard from anyone that was not pleased with Broadway title. [^] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

I think JP means Broadway lists the states that do not accept them [their Alabama paperwork], as opposed to those that do not except them!

Yes, Ohio has become a real PITA, from what I understand. And, yes, Broadway will tell you up front if you live in a state that will not accept Broadway's work, so you don't waste either their time or yours, and your money. Their website is informative. I've never heard from anyone that was not pleased with Broadway title. [^] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Yup. Broadway worked for me.

Skip Lackie
                            Washington DC
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Yup. Broadway worked for me.

Skip Lackie
                              Washington DC
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...