Bolts/ original hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolts/ original hardware

I'm in need of bolts for my 64 hawk some are just to coroded.. For me to put back on the car! I don't know what's available! I'm looking for body panel bolts abs body mount bolts !
    hunter stanley

I'm not sure where you can find GOOD hardware these days, a lot of the stuff you find in hardware bins these days is foreign made junk made from reclaimed metal. I salvage as many fasteners as I can by wire brushing, using thread files, taps, dies or whatever method I can use to save them. I would try some place like Graingers or Fastenal https://www.fastenal.com/

Comment

Body mount bolts can be obtained at your local hardware store. Bolts used to hold fenders & such are more unique. I would call Studebaker International on those. 317-462-3124 It would help if you gave them the part numbers of the bolts your looking for. You do have a parts book, right?
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

You may also find what you need at resources like Restoration Specialties in Windber, Pa.

http://www.restorationspecialties.co...atalog/203.pdf

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
          Body mount bolts can be obtained at your local hardware store. Bolts used to hold fenders & such are more unique. I would call Studebaker International on those. 317-462-3124 It would help if you gave them the part numbers of the bolts your looking for. You do have a parts book, right?
          Agree with Warren -- a parts book is an absolute necessity. It also depends on how concerned you are with authenticity. The parts book lists Stude part numbers for every one of those fasteners, many of which are not commonly available any more. SI still has many of them, but they are not listed in their catalog -- you would have to inquire. Restoration Specialties is also a good source, though their fasteners may not look exactly the OEM Stude stuff.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

A lot of the bolts you will find will not match what studebaker came with but about 80% don't show once the car is totally put together. I would check with aveco or any auto body bolt company.

Comment

Get a tumbler from Harbor Freight. Toss in the bolts, let them tumble a few hours and the rust will be gone. They're $79...
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Fastenal is a good source for such bolts
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

McMaster Carr is also a good source.
                  David L

Comment

Several years ago it was suggested that SI put together a "kit" of original looking nuts, bolts, and other small hardware items commonly seen when the hood is lifted. This would save a lot of time, and grief, for the restorer who is trying to recreate a Studebaker as close to the way it came off the assembly line as possible. SI already has an assortment of other time saver kits. Ken, usually in Deltaville, Va
                    Last edited by ken-renda; 01-14-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I have factory NOS body mounting hardware as well as many body bolts, etc.
                      www.studebakersite.com
                      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                      X