Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some one asked about early lark front fenders, Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some one asked about early lark front fenders, Who?

In the past 3 weeks someone asked me about early single light front fenders for a lark and at the time I didn't have any today I picked up a pair of rust free ones, if the person that asked before sees this post let me know or any one else that has an interest let me know....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Not me, however i do have a question to pose; do '59 and '60 lark front fenders fit a Champ? If not all, which ones?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Ron, The 59 and 60 Lark fenders are identical to the 60 to 64 Champs.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billslark View Post
        Ron, The 59 and 60 Lark fenders are identical to the 60 to 64 Champs.

Bill
        That's interesting. I once read, on this forum, that the Champ fenders are for the most part the same but the very lower that goes under the cab, at the door, are somewhat longer. I always thought they were the same as a Lark, as the cab is, after all, just a Lark front.

I also would like to know if someone has bolted Lark fenders to a Champ to confirm or deny that they fit.

Len

Comment

Len.....They do bolt up, they are the same, been there done that........Keep on Studebakering

Comment

The only difference between Champ fenders and 59-60 Lark fenders are the pieces of rubber that are stapled to the bottom of the inner fenders. They are interchangeable.

Comment

Len, it's the 61 - 63 Lark Fenders that are about 3/4" - 7/8" shorter at the bottom and do not curve as tight as 59,60 Lark/60-64 Champ.I've seen either used on either,just don't fit or look right.

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
              That's interesting. I once read, on this forum, that the Champ fenders are for the most part the same but the very lower that goes under the cab, at the door, are somewhat longer. I always thought they were the same as a Lark, as the cab is, after all, just a Lark front.

I also would like to know if someone has bolted Lark fenders to a Champ to confirm or deny that they fit.

Len
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hi Bob-
                I believe I asked you, you can PM me.
                Thanks,
                Bruce

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation about the fitment guys. The Champ I played with on my Mom's property years ago, as we never drove it on the road, appeared to be the same.

Len

Comment

Working...
                  X