Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stucon...FalStude... Whatever.. (Ebay 12/30/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stucon...FalStude... Whatever.. (Ebay 12/30/2015)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301835820090

(copy)

This 1 of a kind open air roadster
    1950 Studebaker bullet nose
    1962 Ford Falcon body (TITLED AS A FALCON)
    Corvette rear fiberglass surround
    Bucket seats
    Chevy S-10 4 cyl engine, tranny dash
    This is a running project: it needs to be finished, it isn't a car we have driven, as it isn't finished yet, many things work and many things do not. please watch video for a better idea.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I think I'm starting to like this Marriage of these two Cars. when looking quick at the rear shot,it almost looks like it still has a Falcon front fender.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I like this car. What it does need is a Ford 289
      (You knew somebody was going to say that sooner or later.....)
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

With thanks to Jackson Browne:

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
        And the slow parade of fears without crying
        Now I want to understand
        I have done all that I could
        To see the evil and the good without hiding
        You must help me if you can
        The evil, nay, the horror! To put one of the greatest front ends of the 20th century on one of the most mox nix bodies of the last century (with character lines completely out of character) and then power it with one of the lamest engines. What were they thinking?

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

A matched set of wheels front and rear would do wonders for tying the theme together ....then a set of matching flares for the rear quarters. ...Cobra 302 & 5 speed.

Comment

NO cigar... yet, the silliest part is that it almost works!

Comment

Perhaps this concept was conceived by a nightmare the builder was having. Maybe if this thing had a big, bad, blown V8 and huge racing slicks I might be more forgiving...notice I said "might"...but more likely I'd still hate it!

Comment

Well...we've seen much worse. Actually, from a distance, with the round contours front to back, the concept/vision is not too bad. However, the execution seems to be lacking. As if something he was working on, off and on, and slapping on a part here and there, without a set vision or goal. Easy to conclude he's run out of spare parts, and enthusiasm for completing the project.

However, take the same concept, forget the Chevy four banger, and attach that front sheet metal to a true '62 Thunderbird convertible, and lets go for a ride!

Wait a minute...Edit...why ruin two good cars for some nefarious artistic expression????
                Last edited by jclary; 12-30-2015, 11:38 PM.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Like Eugene Levy said to Chevy Chase in the movie Vacation about the Family Truckster Chase was about to buy, "You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it!"

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                    With thanks to Jackson Browne:

The evil, nay, the horror! To put one of the greatest front ends of the 20th century on one of the most mox nix bodies of the last century (with character lines completely out of character) and then power it with one of the lamest engines. What were they thinking?

jack vines
                    Yep, that about sums it up.
                    It would have been better to leave the Studebaker and Falcon cars whole and sell them separately.

Comment

Well being an S-10 frame it is a natural for the hated SBC & 5 speed, some cheater slicks, a set of nice wheels (maybe salt flats), it could look half way decent.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

NO cigar... yet, the silliest part is that it almost works!
                        Agreed. The project had promise, but didn't reach fruition.
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I have never been much of a Ford Fan, but I kinda like it. I would put it in the same category as the Studimino. I kinda like it too. I would want a little more engine though.
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                          X