Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquidating Junkyard - Washington State

Hi

This Wenatchee, WA junkyard in might contain useful cars or parts for your project. A 2R pickup is pictured.

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/5320826355.html

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/5335932794.html

The '50 Ford Crestline coupe is unusual, as is the step-down Hudson brougham.

Steve

The ford crestline would be a 51, I had one in 1958 powered by a 1953 Olds rocket 88.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Dang.. I wish I could bring that Hudson home.

Comment

It sure is nice to see them offer everything for sale rather than just crushing it out.

Comment

I sure hope someone gives that Hudson a happy home. If it were closer ....but at 2,228 miles one way, I have to pass.
          Last edited by Jessie J.; 12-26-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

To heck with the Hudson! I'd love to have that old STUDEBAKER truck! Sadly, way too far north. Judging from the prices advertised, the initial cost wouldn't be a problem. add to it, I need a tailgate for my step-side bed, and they say, "...Hundreds of tailgates," I wish...

Frustrating, that...
            Last edited by studeclunker; 12-26-2015, 02:33 PM.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

And now's a good time since all the rattlesnakes are hibernating.

Hmmm, I've got the whole week off from work next week.
              Mark L

Comment

Mark it sounds like the PARTS might be the big score, since there is no way to know from Home, exactly WHAT Studebaker goodies are hiding in that Place after maybe 50-60 Years of Parting out cars and Trucks.

Minimal to No complete Studes, could mean a Major Score of pretty rust free Parts. Go for it Dude!

It's 244 Miles from here and though one of the Country's WORST traffic messes ever called Seattle, 4 Hrs. on a Good Day!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                  And now's a good time since all the rattlesnakes are hibernating.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	emo30.gif
Views:	11
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1703187

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Mark it sounds like the PARTS might be the big score, since there is no way to know from Home, exactly WHAT Studebaker goodies are hiding in that Place after maybe 50-60 Years of Parting out cars and Trucks.

Minimal to No complete Studes, could mean a Major Score of pretty rust free Parts. Go for it Dude!

It's 244 Miles from here and though one of the Country's WORST traffic messes ever called Seattle, 4 Hrs. on a Good Day!

Yeah, seems to be a nation-wide problem, traffic. Leaves one wondering where all that tax money actually is at work. Oh yeah... I forgot.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-rolleyes010.gif
Views:	2
Size:	485 Bytes
ID:	1703188 Our wise and all-knowing government has their hands in it, uh, ah, I mean, has it in good hands... Yeah, right.Click image for larger version

Name:	emo10.gif
Views:	17
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	1703189

Oops, sorry. Rant off.Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-angry018.gif
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1703190

Traffic or no, I wish it was possible for me to get up there and get that pickup. There are enough bits there to keep me happy.
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Rich,
                    It's in Wenatchee. Highway 2...Stevens Pass. 30 miles north of Seattle. Direct into Wenatchee. Go for it!

https://goo.gl/maps/zmspx1tBEuK2
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

What are the chances that little road will be closed for SNOW? That is why I chose the "other" Google suggested Route.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I just spoke with one of the brothers who own this. He said we don't have much time left. The crushers will be coming in within ten days to two weeks. He is going to attempt saving as much of the small bits as he is able. However the large stuff will have to go ASAP. the directions he gave me are that the place sits north of the round-about on HWY 97, north of Wenatchee. The yard is actually in Sunnyslope. 3812 or 18 Hwy 97 alt. Looking at Street View for Google Maps, the location matches pretty closely the photos in the Craig's List ad. It's about a six hundred-fifty mile trip for me. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they are willing to help load the truck on my trailer I might make the trip... maybe. Gotta count the pennies and see if there's sufficient gas money.

For anyone who might be interested, the Packard and Hornet are not yet claimed. He only wants a few hundred for both nearly-complete cars. Also, he said there's a local shop who has a working engine for the Packard. I think he said the price on the motor is around four or five hundred.
                        Ron Smith

Comment

Wenatchee is only 171 miles from Spokane but we have a foot of snow and below freezing temps. That's enough to discourage me from looking for another project. That and my wife is rather firm on that matter. No more until the two under construction are finished.

jack vines
                          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                            I just spoke with one of the brothers who own this. He said we don't have much time left. The crushers will be coming in within ten days to two weeks. He is going to attempt saving as much of the small bits as he is able. However the large stuff will have to go ASAP. the directions he gave me are that the place sits north of the round-about on HWY 97, north of Wenatchee. The yard is actually in Sunnyslope. 3812 or 18 Hwy 97 alt. Looking at Street View for Google Maps, the location matches pretty closely the photos in the Craig's List ad. It's about a six hundred-fifty mile trip for me. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they are willing to help load the truck on my trailer I might make the trip... maybe. Gotta count the pennies and see if there's sufficient gas money.

For anyone who might be interested, the Packard and Hornet are not yet claimed. He only wants a few hundred for both nearly-complete cars. Also, he said there's a local shop who has a working engine for the Packard. I think he said the price on the motor is around four or five hundred.
                            Thanks, Ron; good report.

For those interested, a Hudson authority tells me the Hudson in the "'48 Buick" ad is a 1950 Pacemaker Brougham. Hornets didn't appear until the 1951 model year, and that 2-door model with the long rear windows wasn't offered in the Hornet line until midway through the 1954 model year, when it was offered as one model within the new, lower-priced Hornet Special series.

'Hope some of you guys can make the trip and get some bits and pieces. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Guys! Gas is cheap! If you want it (them), go and get it. I rented a Penske truck to bring stuff back from Florida and it was $280. If I wanted any of those cars, I wouldn't let the travel stop me. I dragged my Daytona from California back to Michigan for less than $500, and that includes the hotel rooms.
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X